Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 01:41 PM

385 posts, read 348,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I guess Luddite's like me, that don't have every chain's app on their phone, are not welcome. I bet there will be a number of folks that pull up and try to order, like at a normal drive-thru. That will certainly mess up their 12-second turn around time.
I’m with ya. Worse thing to come out of the health crisis. I was waiting at Publics to get a sub when they stopped to prepare a large online order. There was already a line behind me and it got ugly. Stopped going to Chick-Fila because food has been cold last few times I went. Don’t see how putting a order ahead would help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2023, 02:06 PM

26 posts, read 17,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I use the chick fil a app, it’s great. It takes me all of 20 seconds to put in my order, I hop in the car, drive thru, and I’m done. Occasionally something on my order will be free if I’ve gained enough points. Chick fil a is amazing at running their drive thru, but if everyone uses the app it would be even faster.
The CFA near me has the fastest drive thru in the area, but also the longest lines.
So sad when they took away curbside pickup which consistently beat drive thru.
I agree the best restaurant app.

Old 01-08-2023, 02:20 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearcrasher View Post
I’m with ya. Worse thing to come out of the health crisis. I was waiting at Publics to get a sub when they stopped to prepare a large online order. There was already a line behind me and it got ugly. Stopped going to Chick-Fila because food has been cold last few times I went. Don’t see how putting a order ahead would help.
What does Covid have to do with that? It’s not like they didn’t always take phone/online orders. They need to take orders as they come. Sounds like a staffing issue which isn’t surprising these days.

At Chick- Fil-A your order isn’t assembled until you are checked in at the drive-thru or inside. Food being cold would have nothing to do with where/how you made the order.

Old 01-09-2023, 07:01 AM

1,326 posts, read 722,717 times
Glad it's going to be for pick ups only. A regular drive thru would be a mess at a place like Chipotle.

At the Chipotle I go to regularly, there's a dedicated person to make pick up orders and a station to make them at, so it doesn't negatively impact people who choose not to order ahead. A pick up window would make it even better for everyone.

Old 01-09-2023, 08:16 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
I like the CFA app but not the McD app.
McD is one of the few I use (and that is seldom), but I generally like it. I don't have much to compare it to though.

Only downsides to me for McD is that there is no way to request things like Ketchup, "no salt on fries", or etc. Yes, I know I can customize a burger, but have not seen how to do these things.

I like the convenience, the line-skip, and being able to pay online.

Old 01-09-2023, 02:40 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearcrasher View Post
There is literally no common sense with workers anymore in how to handle "who goes first"....this pre-dates the pandemic.

My family had an issue with a well known Italian restaurant in Apex about 10 years ago, which has become an epic tale in the family lore....suffice to say the email I sent after the event resulted in not only a credit to the bill but a $150 gift card that they sent to my dad (who was hosting). I had it OUT with the manager at the restaurant and the tables next to us clapped when i was done.

NO common sense.

Old 01-09-2023, 02:54 PM

26 posts, read 17,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
McD is one of the few I use (and that is seldom), but I generally like it. I don't have much to compare it to though.

Only downsides to me for McD is that there is no way to request things like Ketchup, "no salt on fries", or etc. Yes, I know I can customize a burger, but have not seen how to do these things.

I like the convenience, the line-skip, and being able to pay online.
McD's app allows no salt on fries, click on customize on the fries page. And you can add ketchup to the bag -> search for ketchup or go to the condiments section.
However if they pay attention is another matter, several times I get salted fries.
I can't find any faults with McD's app.

Old 01-09-2023, 03:18 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Chick Fil A and Jimmy Johns app are the best. By far fastest and easiest way to get your order and they they both give you rewards points and free food fairly often.

Chipotle's model (which Taco Bell also uses) of having some very popular menu items "only available through ordering on the app" is obnoxious and just leads to more confusion and unhappy customers.

Old 01-09-2023, 03:30 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
I tried the McDonald’s app a few times during Covid and I’d sit there and nobody would ever come out. Granted at least a couple of these were at the McDonald’s on Green Level Church which may be the worst Mcdonalds in the history of Mcdonalds.

Old 01-09-2023, 08:05 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,582,612 times
I went to Chipotle and got in line and ordered a Burrito for me and a Cheese Quesadilla for my son. The girl taking orders told me I could only order the quesadilla via the app and they couldn't make it by me just ordering it. I said "so I can't ask you make it , I have to ask a computer to ask you to make it?" The girls said yep. I turned around and walked out. I am fine using a touch screen sheetz style but I am very resistant to put apps on my phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary