Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 12:04 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Lots of confusion about this event. We're encouraged to park early although no one seems to have any idea of what the traffic flow around the facility will be. Furthermore, the number of parking spaces available doesn't seem to be sufficient for a crowd of 50,000. There is supposed to be some kind of park-and-ride but it's unclear where it starts. We're encouraged to tailgate and to attend events around the outside of the stadium and the arena, but I was told there will be no porta-potties and that PNC itself will be closed... meaning that you have to go inside the stadium. Etc. I hope somebody clears all this up by Saturday noon.

As to what time people should plan to arrive, that's anyone's guess. I'm thinking arrival at the stadium around 4 pm should be sufficient to park, walk to the stadium, endure the screening lines, and get seated.
I saw this guide and did a quick read-through for the schedule of events - https://clture.org/carolina-hurrican...4Zd0KymCZAyKZQ

I was able to secure a parking spot through ParkWhiz. I'm not sure if I overpaid, but at least I have a spot...I guess. I've never been to an NC State game so not familiar with the stadium or parking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2023, 12:05 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
It has been almost 14 years, but there may still be a few cars left abandoned on the side of Wade Avenue by U2 fans who thought they could show up at 6:45 p.m. for a 7 p.m. concert at Carter-Finley Stadium. The history of traffic snarls for non-football games at the stadium is a long one — U2, the Rolling Stones, Beyonce and beyond — which is why NHL officials are already urging hockey fans to arrive as early as possible for Saturday’s Stadium Series game, even when lots open at 2 p.m., six hours before puck drop.

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...#storylink=cpy

Old 02-15-2023, 12:07 PM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
my usual free parking spot on Beryl Road
Bear in mind that Blue Ridge is closed at the RR tracks. I don't know how far the contractor has progressed in tearing up the crossing. You may have to walk over the tracks without benefit of a paved crossing, which can be tricky in the dark. Also, with the crossing at Blue Ridge closed, trains may not be blowing their horn there (although they will still be blowing for the Powell Dr crossing).

Old 02-15-2023, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Bear in mind that Blue Ridge is closed at the RR tracks. I don't know how far the contractor has progressed in tearing up the crossing. You may have to walk over the tracks without benefit of a paved crossing, which can be tricky in the dark. Also, with the crossing at Blue Ridge closed, trains may not be blowing their horn there (although they will still be blowing for the Powell Dr crossing).

Drove by yesterday.
It is all torn up, and not something I would care to hike through after dark. Caution is warranted.

Old 02-15-2023, 12:14 PM

Luke DeCock just published a story on the N&O about parking. The advice is Come Early. Come Early. Come Early. Apparently NCSU advised them to open the lots as noon, but they won't open until 2.

Still no word on availability of toilets outside C-F.

Old 02-15-2023, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Luke DeCock just published a story on the N&O about parking. The advice is Come Early. Come Early. Come Early. Apparently NCSU advised them to open the lots as noon, but they won't open until 2.

Yup.

There were porta-jons in the East and West lots yesterday. Didn't notice closer to the stadium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It has been almost 14 years, but there may still be a few cars left abandoned on the side of Wade Avenue by U2 fans who thought they could show up at 6:45 p.m. for a 7 p.m. concert at Carter-Finley Stadium. The history of traffic snarls for non-football games at the stadium is a long one — U2, the Rolling Stones, Beyonce and beyond — which is why NHL officials are already urging hockey fans to arrive as early as possible for Saturday’s Stadium Series game, even when lots open at 2 p.m., six hours before puck drop.

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...#storylink=cpy

Old 02-15-2023, 12:45 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Ah yes, I didn't think about that - I usually park by Burke Brothers/Powell Drive for NC State football games but I'll have to scout it out before then

Old 02-15-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yup.
There were porta-jons in the East and West lots yesterday. Didn't notice closer to the stadium.
I assume those are the usual porta-potties for Canes games. The crowd for Saturday night will be nearly 3 times the size of PNC.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:06 PM

1,063 posts, read 905,556 times
for some football games and just about all NASCAR races...paid parking is "open" all week.
in my opinion, parking should be open Thursday. there have been too many historical fiascos
regarding CF parking for "special" events.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:17 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:

And they are saying they will allow cars to line up at 1 for the 2:00 parking lot open. What happens when cars back up into Blue Ridge, Wade Ave, Trinity and Edwards Mill? They'll have to go ahead and open them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary