Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2023, 04:53 PM

145 posts, read 160,393 times

Advertisements

There are a large number of new master plan communities near Raleigh. Which would you recommend to a small mixed race family.
  • Budget of up to $500,00K Lower price would be nice
  • single family home, townhouse ok (maybe co-op - never lived in one)
  • 2 bed 2bath min (3br and office would be nice
  • Decent school with support for student with adhd
  • Don't need access to very urban area like dt raleigh or durham, but not in sticks
  • Access to a coffee shop
  • Vision impaired - with job permanently working remote (commute not a factor)
  • Lived in established neighborhood (didn't have the best experience ) - would like to try new master plan community with larger number of families relocating to area

Last edited by The Ice; 06-21-2023 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: spelling correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2023, 05:03 PM

43,348 posts, read 77,209,038 times
"Co-op." They don't exist in NC. It is a type of title that is not recognized.
Think condo, if you want that sort of ownership.

Consider Bedford at Falls River.
Probably a townhouse at your price.

Old 06-21-2023, 05:34 PM

6,385 posts, read 5,509,871 times
I would second Mike's suggestion of Bedford/Falls River above and would recommend checking out Wendell Falls if you don't mind being a little further out (not the sticks) to get something newer. Brand new even.

Old 06-21-2023, 05:42 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,663,854 times
I'm also thinking Holding Village Wake Forest or 5401 North.

Old 06-21-2023, 06:03 PM

145 posts, read 160,393 times
Thanks for the clarification - i should have written condo.

Th suggestions seem good as well. Bedford falls looks nice, will have to learn more about it. Seems like we might be alone as only new family in neighborhood again.

The Wendell Falls development looks nice never been out that way. Currently in Apex.

Any thoughts on some things in Clayton or Chatham Park in Pittsboro?

I guess I also may not have understood that master plan may have a specific meaning as well. I was thinking of what I saw before like 12 Oaks or Brier Chapel. I guess they are pretty different for those who know more. I was just thinking of big community with a bit of a clubhouse or retail. More would be great.

Old 06-21-2023, 06:36 PM

6,385 posts, read 5,509,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ice View Post
Thanks for the clarification - i should have written condo.

Th suggestions seem good as well. Bedford falls looks nice, will have to learn more about it. Seems like we might be alone as only new family in neighborhood again.

The Wendell Falls development looks nice never been out that way. Currently in Apex.

Any thoughts on some things in Clayton or Chatham Park in Pittsboro?

I guess I also may not have understood that master plan may have a specific meaning as well. I was thinking of what I saw before like 12 Oaks or Brier Chapel. I guess they are pretty different for those who know more. I was just thinking of big community with a bit of a clubhouse or retail. More would be great.
Wendell Falls is almost a carbon copy of Briar Chapel.

Same developer; same group of builders. Biggest difference of course being that Wendell Falls is newer. There is still new construction in BC but none that would be under $500k. Some smaller/older ("older" meaning 2010ish-2020) resales wouldn't be out of the question. Those resales would generally be much closer to the really nice pool/clubhouse in Briar Chapel.

I was going to recommend Briar Chapel as well though that is definitely further removed than Wendell Falls is. Schools are generally more highly regarded in Briar Chapel though.

Briar Chapel is on a community septic system instead of city septic.

Old 06-22-2023, 10:23 AM

370 posts, read 230,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Wendell Falls is almost a carbon copy of Briar Chapel.

Same developer; same group of builders. Biggest difference of course being that Wendell Falls is newer. There is still new construction in BC but none that would be under $500k. Some smaller/older ("older" meaning 2010ish-2020) resales wouldn't be out of the question. Those resales would generally be much closer to the really nice pool/clubhouse in Briar Chapel.

I was going to recommend Briar Chapel as well though that is definitely further removed than Wendell Falls is. Schools are generally more highly regarded in Briar Chapel though.

Briar Chapel is on a community septic system instead of city septic.
The septic system was a major problem for BC. Depending on location the septic system smell terrible. I've been told that it wasn't disclosed to residents when they bought the homes. I don't know if it has been resolved yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary