Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 10:06 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,070,841 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a resource to find gas stations that accept either Apple Pay or tap to pay credit cards? I mean specific stations not just the brand?

I normally use Exxon but sometimes it's easier to use Shell or BP or something else. The problem is that for some brands, not all stations have been converted over. I'm browsing websites that say "yes we do" then in fine print say "not at all stations". So that's not too helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 11:00 AM

6,657 posts, read 5,601,352 times
Not that I know of - I have a few credit cards that are good for gas categories but I sometimes don't carry them around so it's annoying whenever I come to a gas station where I can't use Apple Pay so I feel your pain haha

Last edited by pierretong1991; 07-19-2023 at 12:24 PM..

Old 07-19-2023, 11:32 AM

5,906 posts, read 6,976,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Does anyone know of a resource to find gas stations that accept either Apple Pay or tap to pay credit cards? I mean specific stations not just the brand?

I normally use Exxon but sometimes it's easier to use Shell or BP or something else. The problem is that for some brands, not all stations have been converted over. I'm browsing websites that say "yes we do" then in fine print say "not at all stations". So that's not too helpful.
I use it all the time at Costco gas stations. It may only work with the Costco Citi card, as it also works as your Costco card (which you normally have to swipe first).

Old 07-19-2023, 03:47 PM

3,670 posts, read 6,581,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I use it all the time at Costco gas stations. It may only work with the Costco Citi card, as it also works as your Costco card (which you normally have to swipe first).
I was recently disappointed to learn that in order to pump gas at Costco, you definitely still need to have the physical card. I realized while waiting on line that I only had the digital card and when trying to authenticate at the pump, I was out of luck. I honestly can't remember the last time I needed to use the actual card.

Old 07-19-2023, 04:28 PM

19,448 posts, read 27,880,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
I was recently disappointed to learn that in order to pump gas at Costco, you definitely still need to have the physical card. I realized while waiting on line that I only had the digital card and when trying to authenticate at the pump, I was out of luck. I honestly can't remember the last time I needed to use the actual card.
My digital card won't work at BJ's either.

Old 07-19-2023, 04:53 PM

1,323 posts, read 1,260,966 times
I know I've done this at a Sheetz but I don't think all of them have this. I was using a Sheetz credit card so I don't know about other cards.

Old 07-19-2023, 09:44 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,888,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
My digital card won't work at BJ's either.

At the BJ's off of Capital Boulevard you're lucky if the pumps are even working. They used to do a better job maintaining the pumps but not anymore. The trash cans are always full too.

Old 07-19-2023, 10:05 PM

240 posts, read 240,880 times
In addition to tap to pay, certain gas stations allow to pay via the app which is still a lot more secure than a physical card. Circle-K has EasyPay, BP has the BP app, Sams Club has the pay and go feature. There's probably more but those are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.

Old 07-20-2023, 11:19 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,070,841 times
I'll try the Circle K app. I loaded the BP app but it seems to want me to log in every time with email/password. Exxon Mobil is great. I use a PIN # when I pump gas. I just don't like my neighborhood station. Pumps don't work. Pay doesn't work.

Old 07-21-2023, 10:30 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,317,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I'll try the Circle K app. I loaded the BP app but it seems to want me to log in every time with email/password. Exxon Mobil is great. I use a PIN # when I pump gas. I just don't like my neighborhood station. Pumps don't work. Pay doesn't work.
If you don't mind me asking, why is tap to pay so important? I get the convenience factor, but is that enough of an issue to influence where you get your gas? (Greater than price, quality, ease of access, etc.?)

This is not to "call you out" or imply it's a bad decision, just genuinely asking if there are some other benefits (security perhaps?) I'm not thinking of.

FWIW, Costco is "tap to pay", but I think you have to still insert the card first, to confirm you are a member, so that kinda negates it. And while the gas is cheap, and quality is good, it certainly is anything but convenient to fill up there unless you do it at 7am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary