Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 07:02 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
You're correct. Here's a satellite view of the location. It's right in the middle of the screen just north of Dunkin and J&S Pizza. https://www.google.com/maps/@35.7213...!1e3?entry=ttu
ohhh that makes sense. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2023, 05:32 PM

319 posts, read 255,735 times
I have yet to experience a Cook-Out burger. Maybe l am missing out.

Where do they rank in the Triangle burger hierarchy?

Of course, In-N-Out is the undisputed no. 1, but sadly no locations on this coast
(Those who know, know!)

Old 08-12-2023, 03:54 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusxiv View Post

Of course, In-N-Out is the undisputed no. 1, but sadly no locations on this coast
(Those who know, know!)
Cook-Out cooks their fries all the way through as a baseline...so you don't have to ask for them "well-done" if you want edible fries. May be a strange concept for a In-N-Out fan.

Old 08-12-2023, 09:50 PM

676 posts, read 492,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
i support that sentiment.

I also live closer to a Char-Grill than a Cook-Out now and would really prefer those to be reversed.

FWIW I'm also a stones throw from the only "Backyard Burgers" in the area and after giving them three chances i'm fully convinced it's a money-laundering scheme. No way that place is staying open for its burgers they are awful.

I first visited a Backyard Burger on a trip to Memphis 20 years ago... I enjoyed it so much that I ate there 3 straight days. They came to the triad maybe around 2007 with two locations, but neither lasted that long. I was disappointed that the quality wasn't as high as the location in Memphis. Looks like they are down to just one NC location.

Seems like I am in the minority but I actually enjoy Char-Grill, though I haven't had it in years. Whenever I was in Durham, I checked out the one that was formerly near 54 and 40. I was sad to see that one close down.

Old 08-13-2023, 05:21 AM

426 posts, read 223,157 times
Quote:

(Those who know, know!)
In-N-Out is decent, but I don’t know if I’d rank their burger no. 1. Cook-Out has a decent burger, too. As does Culver’s.

Cook-Out’s combo tray and their milkshake choices are the big draw for a lot of folks. The variety of options that can go in the tray is a plus for many, which is the opposite of In-N-Out’s streamlined approach.

Old 08-13-2023, 02:30 PM

319 posts, read 255,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Cook-Out cooks their fries all the way through as a baseline...so you don't have to ask for them "well-done" if you want edible fries. May be a strange concept for a In-N-Out fan.
But does Cook-Out slice up those fries fresh, right from the potatoes, before your very eyes?!

Old 08-14-2023, 02:41 PM

361 posts, read 223,159 times
Cook Out's burgers are terrible. They always burn them to a crisp and they have no flavor.

I'd rather shell out the extra money for a burger from Five Guys or just make them at home.

Overall I feel like quality has gone down at Cook Out over the years. Last couple of oreo milkshakes I got were skimpy on the cookies and not even properly mixed - everything is on the bottom of the cup.

Old 08-14-2023, 02:53 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times
Char grill burgers are waaaaay better than Cookout. Good gracious what kinda palates do y’all have?!!!

Old 08-14-2023, 07:24 PM

872 posts, read 1,015,449 times
Al's Burger Shack has the best burgers I've eaten around here. Whenever I'm in that part of Chapel Hill or Carrboro, I usually make some time to get one as a treat, since I've cut out beef from my regular eating pattern otherwise. Never a disappointment yet.

Old 08-14-2023, 10:00 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,352,399 times
Quote:

(Those who know, know!)
I had to try In-N-Out when I traveled to Los Angeles and count myself among the unimpressed. I would consider it the "Coors Beer" of burgers: highly touted by those who have access, but once it is available in your area you are like "Meh". Or at least that is what I thought when I tried it. I was told "It is all about the toppings" by someone who loves them, but that is just "window dressing" for a good burger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary