Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:26 AM

344 posts, read 816,670 times

Advertisements

There is not much that I miss about Spartanburg- other than Cookout! Our family loved to go there for an occasional fast food indulgence, and their milkshakes are WONDERFUL. I heard that Gaffney is getting one in September. Any news of a location in Greenville??

http://www.cookoutnc.com/

Last edited by FitMom77; 06-17-2011 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: adding website
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMom77 View Post
There is not much that I miss about Spartanburg- other than Cookout! Our family loved to go there for an occasional fast food indulgence, and their milkshakes are WONDERFUL. I heard that Gaffney is getting one in September. Any news of a location in Greenville??

Cook-Out® Restaurant - "Cooked Outdoors Style"
Where in Greer are you? From your post it seems like you think Greer is hours away from Spartanburg, but we were there yesterday and it took us 25 minutes, same time it takes us to get to Greenville. Why can't you just drive to Spartanburg if you have a craving for Cookout?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Where in Greer are you? From your post it seems like you think Greer is hours away from Spartanburg, but we were there yesterday and it took us 25 minutes, same time it takes us to get to Greenville. Why can't you just drive to Spartanburg if you have a craving for Cookout?
Near Pelham Rd/Batesville Rd. It takes 30 minutes to get to the eastside of Spartanburg- we lived there for 2 years, so I've done the drive more times than I can count. If we happened to already be in Spartanburg, sure, we'd go there to eat. But I'm not going to drive that far for fast food, even if we do really like it.

It just makes sense that they would add a location in Greenville at some point since Clemson and Spartanburg (and apparently Gaffney soon) have locations.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:55 PM

179 posts, read 516,835 times
Try contacting them and asking. Maybe if they see there is a demand they might consider opening one here.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:06 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,386,943 times
I'm glad people patronize the place because it is good for business, but after trying it twice, I wouldn't even recommend driving across town in Spartanburg just to eat there. It really isn't that special or affordable (everything is sold à la carte). Greenville is already saturated with decent burger restaurants, so it makes sense that they've been slow to open here.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I'm glad people patronize the place because it is good for business, but after trying it twice, I wouldn't even recommend driving across town in Spartanburg just to eat there. It really isn't that special or affordable (everything is sold à la carte). Greenville is already saturated with decent burger restaurants, so it makes sense that they've been slow to open here.
I kind of thought just the opposite in regards to cost. Our family of four could eat there and split a milkshake for dessert for less than $13. Their 4.25 combo came with so much food that our kids could eat one of the sides (a corndog) for their meal, and then we'd add hush puppies or something. I agree- it's not worth driving a distance for, but when we lived right down the road from it (and Five Guys was no where near us!), it was pretty good for the price. And I just love their peanut butter fudge milkshakes.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:12 PM

301 posts, read 804,690 times
It isn't that affordable? Are we thinking of the same place?

I go there and get a small cheeseburger, small fries, and a sweet tea and it costs me less than $4.

You can get their "trays" which are under $5 and you can get "sides" like chicken nuggets and quesadillas. That's an entree, two sides, and a drink.

I always go there because it's cheap, but it's right by my house. It's the one place where my friends and I will go if we're low on cash, because we know that we can go there and get a bite to eat for almost nothing. It's the only place I can buy a meal in quarters. XD

Old 06-17-2011, 09:05 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Yeah, I agree with Sky, like 99% of the time, but I think he's confusing The Cookout with another place. Five Guys is a rip off; burger, fries and a drink will set you back $10, Cookout is very reasonable.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Yeah, I agree with Sky, like 99% of the time, but I think he's confusing The Cookout with another place. Five Guys is a rip off; burger, fries and a drink will set you back $10, Cookout is very reasonable.
We love Five Guys, but for all 4 of us to eat there, it's at least $20. And that's a lot for burgers, delicious as they may be. That was one of the appealing things about CookOut- pretty good burgers (made to order) for REALLY cheap.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:06 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,386,943 times
Hmmm, perhaps I should have explained it in more detail. My comment intended to convey the message that, in my opinion, their food isn't really that affordable, which means it doesn't save enough $ to make it worth a drive very far out of the way. If it is convenient, then I can understand someone thinking it is a great deal. Nonetheless, it is not much better (if any) than the typical fast food prices and the flavor can't beat a real home cook-out. I wasn't as impressed by the milkshakes as others apparently are, but I suppose it is all relative to individual taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area