Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:16 AM

211 posts, read 187,728 times

Advertisements

Moving there in a few months and want fiber only. Anyone WHO HAS AND CONFIRM fiber providers (rather than just randomly guessing or throwing out names) will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:28 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
You will gain confirmation of availability by entering your address into the various providers' websites.

Without the address, anyone trying to help will be shooting in the dark.

Old Today, 06:32 AM

Noted Mike, but the sites only respond by wanting you to fill out a long questionnaire (so they can mail and spam you later) and then tell you they aren't yet in the area. Was hoping to just get a few confirmed providers to get past that before checking further.

Old Today, 07:00 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Cpl View Post
Noted Mike, but the sites only respond by wanting you to fill out a long questionnaire (so they can mail and spam you later) and then tell you they aren't yet in the area. Was hoping to just get a few confirmed providers to get past that before checking further.
Need to know the development you're in, at a minimum, otherwise nobody here can help you. While Holly Springs laid the fiber backbone it is up to the providers to run the cable to each house and therefore not every house is serviced by every provider (if at all).

The landing page at ting.com is literally a box to put in your address and see if they have service at the address entered. If you're concerned with spam create a junk email account and use that.

Old Today, 07:02 AM

Ting they told me I could get on a wait list with no idea when installation might happen. A non-starter.

Old Today, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Need to know the development you're in, at a minimum, otherwise nobody here can help you. While Holly Springs laid the fiber backbone it is up to the providers to run the cable to each house and therefore not every house is serviced by every provider (if at all).

The landing page at ting.com is literally a box to put in your address and see if they have service at the address entered. If you're concerned with spam create a junk email account and use that.

Also, I often use a neighbor's house number for this sort of thing if I am worried about spam.

Google Fiber, ATT, Ting, Spectrum are all in Holly Springs.
And, that is meaningless without the address of the property.

Old Today, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Ting they told me I could get on a wait list with no idea when installation might happen. A non-starter.
At worst, I would assume that means they haven't put fiber on your street yet.

Old Today, 07:26 AM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times
I used to ask this for west Cary several years ago and couldn't get anywhere unless I spoke to actual ppl in the particular neighborhoods or fill out that online form.

Because the availability varies from neighborhood to neighborhood. Google fiber could be in 1 neighborhood and not available at the neighborhood that borders it.

Old Today, 07:36 AM

Correct, and there's no way I'm going without internet for months on end with no date in sight. Guess me only option is to ask the neighborhood next door (ours is so new there is literally only one resident moved in).

Old Today, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Correct, and there's no way I'm going without internet for months on end with no date in sight. Guess me only option is to ask the neighborhood next door (ours is so new there is literally only one resident moved in).
If you are local, drive the neighborhood and look at the vaults and any pedestals. They all have ID on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary