Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:38 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,343,809 times

Advertisements

Looks like that announced that price hike.

Utilities commission approves PSNC rate hike :: WRAL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 06:43 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
Looks like that announced that price hike.

Utilities commission approves PSNC rate hike :: WRAL.com
Progress energy (Electric) is seeking a 16% rate hike in NC.

Progress Energy seeks 16 pct rate hike in NC - Forbes.com (broken link)

I'm in virginia this week and looks like the major electricity supplier here (Dominion) just got approved to increase electricity rates by 18%.

Va. regulators OK 18 percent Dominion rate hike - Forbes.com (broken link)

Energy rate hikes are going on across the board. Welcome to the Brave New World!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:47 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
As consumers, we are at the mercy of those that we rely on.

So...with the price of gas for your car going up...should we stop driving to work?

Electricity is going up...should we start using candlelight?

Food is going up...Ok, I am NOT going to stop eating! Nor is my 14 year old that has an eating schedule of EVERY 15 MINUTES!

I heard (but I don't know if it is true) that dog and cat food is going up...nope, not gonna starve my pets either!

Movies should be going up in price soon...gotta cost more to cool those places...lucky for me...I'll just wait for pay per view!

Ok peeps...what next?

Vicki

Old 07-01-2008, 07:55 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,089,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
As consumers, we are at the mercy of those that we rely on.

So...with the price of gas for your car going up...should we stop driving to work?

Food is going up...Ok, I am NOT going to stop eating! Nor is my 14 year old that has an eating schedule of EVERY 15 MINUTES!

I heard (but I don't know if it is true) that dog and cat food is going up...nope, not gonna starve my pets either!

Movies should be going up in price soon...gotta cost more to cool those places...lucky for me...I'll just wait for pay per view!

Ok peeps...what next?

Vicki
Moving to a mountaintop in Idaho of course. With a log cabin built by your own hands and food that you grow on your own.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:16 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Are ya nuts??? Do you know what all that digging will do to your nails???

Vicki

Old 07-01-2008, 11:08 AM

[quote=VickiR;4295168]As consumers, we are at the mercy of those that we rely on.

Ok peeps...what next?

Vicki

Plane tickets of coarse so can't afford to leave via a plane!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Progress energy (Electric) is seeking a 16% rate hike in NC.

Progress Energy seeks 16 pct rate hike in NC - Forbes.com (broken link)

I'm in virginia this week and looks like the major electricity supplier here (Dominion) just got approved to increase electricity rates by 18%.

Va. regulators OK 18 percent Dominion rate hike - Forbes.com (broken link)

Energy rate hikes are going on across the board. Welcome to the Brave New World!

NRG its the 'Brave' part I am worried about......many elderly will not turn up the A/C to stay cool or Heat to stay warm in the winter and will have problems. Many are at their limit on expenses. We have the ability to squeeze our budgets, a lot of folks on fixed incomes already have flat sponges! Nothing left to squeeze!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary