Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 09:01 PM

251 posts, read 1,142,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Geeze....can we get any more negative?
LOL!!! You did pretty good yourself! And gave me a good laugh in the process.

A lot of people who hire illegals pay them practically nothing. Which is one reason these poor people have to crowd 3-4 families into one rental in order to get by.

I once had a debate with a very wealthy person in town who builds homes. He hires illegals for cheap and is sitting real pretty in a mansion as a result. He got on my case too for bringing the subject up.

I also once queried another builder about building a home for my family. We talked figures and he laughed and said he could get some things done really cheap because Mexicans will work for nothing.

I don't know about you, but that attitude stinks to me.

There are 2,000 undocumented children entering Wake County schools every year. Are you wealthy enough to pay the taxes to support that?

Have you visited one of our local hospital emergency rooms during late night recently? You're paying for the freebies people are getting there too.

Of course if you're like my wealthy friend and you're making a big profit off using these people, then maybe it's no problem.

Call it negative, but it's reality and wrong is wrong.

California is paying bigtime and North Carolina is going to pay more and more as this continues in the name of asinine political correctness.

Doubt the high drunk driving rate amongst illegals? Think again:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1056043/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 01:40 AM

330 posts, read 1,976,585 times
Default Overcrowded schools in Raleigh Metro?

Skipstone,

Wow, well thanks for the info.But i take it you still live in Raleigh metro? If so why? You dont seem happy there. Also where are you originally from?

But yes i agree, this entire Illegal Alien thing is getting real bad, and its sad. But this isnt a post to argue about that.

But is all of Wake County having the same issue's with overcrowded schools? Because i thought i heard that they do not use trailers in the " Wake Forest " schools, but i might be wrong.

All info helps

Thanks--T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipstone View Post
LOL!!! You did pretty good yourself! And gave me a good laugh in the process.

A lot of people who hire illegals pay them practically nothing. Which is one reason these poor people have to crowd 3-4 families into one rental in order to get by.

I once had a debate with a very wealthy person in town who builds homes. He hires illegals for cheap and is sitting real pretty in a mansion as a result. He got on my case too for bringing the subject up.

I also once queried another builder about building a home for my family. We talked figures and he laughed and said he could get some things done really cheap because Mexicans will work for nothing.

I don't know about you, but that attitude stinks to me.

There are 2,000 undocumented children entering Wake County schools every year. Are you wealthy enough to pay the taxes to support that?

Have you visited one of our local hospital emergency rooms during late night recently? You're paying for the freebies people are getting there too.

Of course if you're like my wealthy friend and you're making a big profit off using these people, then maybe it's no problem.

Call it negative, but it's reality and wrong is wrong.

California is paying bigtime and North Carolina is going to pay more and more as this continues in the name of asinine political correctness.

Doubt the high drunk driving rate amongst illegals? Think again:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1056043/

Old 01-18-2007, 05:25 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,666,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsm196 View Post
Skipstone,

Wow, well thanks for the info.But i take it you still live in Raleigh metro? If so why? You dont seem happy there. Also where are you originally from?

But yes i agree, this entire Illegal Alien thing is getting real bad, and its sad. But this isnt a post to argue about that.

But is all of Wake County having the same issue's with overcrowded schools? Because i thought i heard that they do not use trailers in the " Wake Forest " schools, but i might be wrong.

All info helps

Thanks--T
Wake Forest Magnet GT Elementary does not use any trailers....there is no room for them on the property. (This is where my daughter went to Elementary school).

The other schools around Wake Forest do have some. To be honest, the kids I've talked to don't mind them. It's just another classroom. They are larger then some older classrooms, heated, cooled, have carpeting (which other classrooms may not have).....it's not the kids are being stuck in a run-down single-wide and crammed around a dinette set!

While Trailers are maybe not the best situation - they are allowing schools to add needed space and aren't putting the kids education at risk. (I know one teacher that loves having her classroom in one. It's quieter to the kids can concentrate, she has more room then the traditional classrooms in her school and she says the AC works better!!)

Old 01-18-2007, 10:43 AM

330 posts, read 1,976,585 times
Default Overcrowded schools in Raleigh Metro?

Thats good to hear and Thank you for responding! Do you think this school problem ( if i should even call it a problem? Will be solved? When do they predict to have enough schools?

Here in Vegas we are catching up, slowly.

Thanks ---T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Wake Forest Magnet GT Elementary does not use any trailers....there is no room for them on the property. (This is where my daughter went to Elementary school).

The other schools around Wake Forest do have some. To be honest, the kids I've talked to don't mind them. It's just another classroom. They are larger then some older classrooms, heated, cooled, have carpeting (which other classrooms may not have).....it's not the kids are being stuck in a run-down single-wide and crammed around a dinette set!

While Trailers are maybe not the best situation - they are allowing schools to add needed space and aren't putting the kids education at risk. (I know one teacher that loves having her classroom in one. It's quieter to the kids can concentrate, she has more room then the traditional classrooms in her school and she says the AC works better!!)

Old 01-18-2007, 11:04 AM

251 posts, read 1,142,776 times
Amsm, I offered facts and numbers as some people find them helpful.

When we're discussing growth in the Triangle area, well, the facts are negative. The best way to begin improving things is for people to be informed. It's true that I'm not happy with overcrowding. I don't know anyone who is.

Here are some good articles dealing with overcrowded schools in the area if you're interested:

http://www.johnlocke.org/news_column...s.html?id=2800

http://www.johnlocke.org/news_column...s.html?id=1033

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclu...e.html?id=3125

And, for the progressively minded:
http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclu...e.html?id=3639

Old 01-18-2007, 11:11 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,666,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsm196 View Post
Thats good to hear and Thank you for responding! Do you think this school problem ( if i should even call it a problem? Will be solved? When do they predict to have enough schools?

Here in Vegas we are catching up, slowly.

Thanks ---T
We recently passed a new bond issue for 19 new schools and planning for 13 more (and renovations projects at many other schools.)

I don't know that we'll ever 'catch up' until this growth slows down, but they are trying to make plans to not only releive the current issue, but also prevent it from happening in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary