Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,245 times

Advertisements

Retiring in a 2 years and am looking to relocate to NC. Going down to Raleigh area in Aug to look for a place while the market is in a slump. Need advice on what towns to look at around Raleigh. Not really looking to live in a city environment but something more suburban with decent schools or good private Christian schools near by as I have an 11 and 12 year old. Have heard towns like Carey mentioned a lot. Also if anyone knows of a good real estate agent who could show me some places when I go down it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 05:26 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NR22173 View Post
Retiring in a 2 years and am looking to relocate to NC. Going down to Raleigh area in Aug to look for a place while the market is in a slump. Need advice on what towns to look at around Raleigh. Not really looking to live in a city environment but something more suburban with decent schools or good private Christian schools near by as I have an 11 and 12 year old. Have heard towns like Carey mentioned a lot. Also if anyone knows of a good real estate agent who could show me some places when I go down it would be greatly appreciated.
Cary certainly has that suburban orientation, good Wake County Schools, and a selection of private schools.

Even if you get into Raleigh, you will note that it is really a small city, and not as urban an environment as you may be accustomed to.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:30 PM

3,307 posts, read 8,561,460 times
You can certainly live in Raleigh and not have the city feel you talk about. Being a little familair with Nassau (born there), even the small towns are pretty dense and towns run together with literally no land inbetween borders. You can find many areas within the city limits of Raleigh that you would consider suburban or even exurban.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:35 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
I have heard good things about wake forest.

Quote:

Old 07-08-2008, 06:31 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
You may really miss the public transportation that MSBA and LIRR provide in Nassau.

Otherwise, it's a nice place.

There are some brokers in the board you may try. Look for them in threads and send them a private message.

I really like VickiR as a buyer's agent.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:54 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,343,126 times
Wake Forest is somewhere to look while your here. Only 20 minute ride to downtown Raleigh depending on time of day you travel. Small town appeal and growing, slower now than in say 2006. There are good Christian schools in the area. Just google Wake Forest Christian schools for a list.

//www.city-data.com/city/Wake-F...-Carolina.html

Good luck with your search and as fas as rel estate help, there are many good ones that contribute to this forum everyday, any one of those would be most helpful!

Old 07-12-2008, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 985 times
Default need advice reloc nassau to nc

I am also in the process of relocating, but not for a number of years. I recently bought a home in chatham county that i will try to rent for a couple of years before i move and worked with a great real estate agent who really took time and showed me all over the area and listened my processing. chatham county is chapel hill, but on the border of CH and Durham, and therefore the taxes are much lower. That area is country, but also suburban, and is easy access to durham, raleigh and chapel hill . With regards to Christian schools, I have heards very favorable things about Trinity School in Durham from some parents and teachers who attend the church I attend down there.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:01 PM

551 posts, read 575,476 times
Quote:
Cary
Apex
Morrisville
North Raleigh
Southwest Durham
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary