Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 11:03 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,730 times

Advertisements

My home won't have a lot of stairs because of the lot I chose (on the downside of a hill), but the other one I looked into has a lot of stairs and is still a lot bigger than mine. This garage looks tiny! I know I'm only at the foundation stage, but the outline of the garage looks really, really small. Hopefully I'm overreacting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 11:08 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,694,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
My home won't have a lot of stairs because of the lot I chose (on the downside of a hill), but the other one I looked into has a lot of stairs and is still a lot bigger than mine. This garage looks tiny! I know I'm only at the foundation stage, but the outline of the garage looks really, really small. Hopefully I'm overreacting...
Take a tape measure out. Most 2 car garages are at least 20x20.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:00 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,757,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
Take a tape measure out. Most 2 car garages are at least 20x20.
I agree about the tape measure. If there is a probablem the sooner it's brought to their attention the more likly it can be fixed. I would try to check it out one day this week after work... maybe after 7 pm the workers will be done?

Good luck!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:01 PM

I went out during my lunch and spoke to Rebecca and Karla some more and Brant assured Rebecca my car would fit. I didn't have time to measure today, but both said they'd measure and we'll compare notes. It just looks really, really small. The bad part is they've moved on to other parts of the foundation, so as much as I'd hate for them to start over, it won't hurt me one bit!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:34 PM

426 posts, read 1,455,848 times
Sena,

I had the same thought about our garage but believe me your car will fit. My wife has a Camry that's a bit longer than a CRV and it fits just fine in the garage in our smaller house. Everything seems smaller when there's no drywall up.

BTW, I can see the progress on your house from ours and it's coming along nicely. They move fast here!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:12 PM

673 posts, read 2,266,886 times
Sena,

I'm watching your house, too! Dexter and I walked by there early this morning!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:00 AM

Yay! I have 'eyes' watching the progress of my home! Thanks, guys!

It makes me feel a little better that the garage will be big enough. I'm not crazy about them being finished in June, but hey, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Worse case scenario: My house sits vacant until the end of August, which is when we were supposed to close.

I'm trying not to drive out everyday, but it's been hard. I don't drive out when it rains, because I can't really see anything, but this weekend is supposed to be nice, so I may be out.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 AM

673 posts, read 2,266,886 times
And if we are out on our front porch again when you drive through the neighborhood, we'll wave to you again, Sena!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 AM

We almost stopped, but my daughter had to get to a Habitat for Humanity function, which was over by Southern High School. I'm sure we'll be driving down your street again!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:22 PM

426 posts, read 1,455,848 times
When our house was being built, I was out here a couple of times a week, walking through it, etc. Do you have a realtor keeping an eye on things for you? My realtor caught a few things that would have slid by me like a cracked cinder block in the foundation. It was nice to know that I had a professional set of eyes on the construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary