Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 PM

239 posts, read 1,092,617 times

Advertisements

Good luck, people have been looking for all types of their favorite hometown foods in NC. I guess if I lived in Philly, I might be looking for traditional NC vinegar based BBQ and everyone saying it just isn't the same like it is is NC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 06:57 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnie741 View Post
Good luck, people have been looking for all types of their favorite hometown foods in NC. I guess if I lived in Philly, I might be looking for traditional NC vinegar based BBQ and everyone saying it just isn't the same like it is is NC.
Well..... It isn't!

Old 08-09-2008, 09:10 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBFan View Post
... Fat Philly's ... They do have hoagies (not subs) on their menu too!
Nice to know. Usually, I say hoagie and they say huh!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:04 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,614 times
I've never been to Jersey Mikes. What's wrong with it?

In North Durham, isn't there a place on Roxboro that is a cold cut sub/hoagie place? I've never been, so I can't recommend it.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:05 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,614 times
what's the difference between hoagie and sub? I always said sub, but I grew up in Michigan.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:25 AM

22 posts, read 94,960 times
Thanks for the suggestions. I use to eat at Cappis Deli in the RTP off Hwy55. The line would sometimes stretch outside the door at lunch time. They made a delicious sub that was priced just right but it didn’t quite taste the same as Philly Hoagie. Cappi moved up the street into a more modern building, and then went out of business.

I’m not from Philly but my father is. I got hooked on their Italian hoagies from a young age…lol. There are a few places here in this area that can make a great cheesesteak, such as the Italian Pizzeria in Durham, but I haven’t found anyplace that can duplicate a Philly Style Italian Hoagie.

I guess that’s one of the reasons going home is so special. I know my relatives up north have me bring them eastern NC BBQ. Trust me you can’t get that style anywhere else in the nation unless somebody from eastern NC is making it.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:33 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnie741 View Post

I have a hard time finding good NC vinegar based BBQ here !!!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:50 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,657,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I've never been to Jersey Mikes. What's wrong with it?
The same thing that is wrong with Quizno's, Subway, etc.

I've heard that Two Guys Grille in Morrisville has a good cheesesteak:
http://www.twoguysgrille.com/images/TwoGuysMenuFront.pdf (broken link)
I also heard that Andy's in Morrisville has a good cheesesteak. I have not been to either place though.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:12 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
andy's is a chain. not a big fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
The same thing that is wrong with Quizno's, Subway, etc.

I've heard that Two Guys Grille in Morrisville has a good cheesesteak:
http://www.twoguysgrille.com/images/TwoGuysMenuFront.pdf (broken link)
I also heard that Andy's in Morrisville has a good cheesesteak. I have not been to either place though.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:15 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
there is no difference, it's just a regional dialect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
what's the difference between hoagie and sub? I always said sub, but I grew up in Michigan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary