Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2007, 01:10 PM

5 posts, read 15,018 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Raleigh in March and are looking for a posh place to house our two cats while we look for a house. We are trying to avoid kennels with small wire cages, but if that is all that is available, we can do that. Basically, we want our cats to be well cared for for around two weeks. Any suggestions for anywhere in the Triangle area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 01:30 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the returner View Post
We're moving to Raleigh in March and are looking for a posh place to house our two cats while we look for a house. We are trying to avoid kennels with small wire cages, but if that is all that is available, we can do that. Basically, we want our cats to be well cared for for around two weeks. Any suggestions for anywhere in the Triangle area? Thanks!
Paws at Play at Heritage in Wake Forest is very nice. We've used their dog facilities a few times with no complaints and have toured the kitty ones.

http://www.pawsatplay.com/

They do have wire cages, but each has an outdoor view, and I believe there is a large play room for cats that wish to be social. You'd have to call and ask.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,915,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the returner View Post
I don't have a definitive answer but wish I did (since my wife and I need a place to board the little munsters next time we both go out of town.) Some people told me very good things about Petsmart's PetsHotel chain. Raleigh and Cary each have one, but I have no first-hand experience....

Old 01-28-2007, 05:46 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times
For our dog we used cobble hill kennel in wake forest, and they are wonderful. They have special rooms for the dogs and cats. Our dog had a suite, with access to outside, a bed, television, etc. We paid 36 a day. This was the highest price, as they have smaller rooms and just crates, but we had a great dane at the time who was 160 pounds. Here is a link to the place, check it out.

http://www.cobblehillbedandbiscuit.com/bcat.html

Hope this helps!
Leigh

Old 01-28-2007, 05:56 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
For our dog we used cobble hill kennel in wake forest, and they are wonderful. They have special rooms for the dogs and cats. Our dog had a suite, with access to outside, a bed, television, etc. We paid 36 a day. This was the highest price, as they have smaller rooms and just crates, but we had a great dane at the time who was 160 pounds. Here is a link to the place, check it out.

http://www.cobblehillbedandbiscuit.com/bcat.html

Hope this helps!
Leigh
Oh, I will so have to check out this place as well. (I like having options.) They are cheaper then Paws at Play as well.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:46 PM

5 posts, read 15,018 times
Thank you so much for the recommendations! I also found a place online called Cozy Cat Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh that appears to have some kitty "condos", i.e. larger spaces without wire cages. But I don't know anything about them and will have to investigate all of these options!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary