Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2007, 05:57 PM

134 posts, read 549,587 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever been to a Hurricanes game? We enjoy hockey and would like to check (no pun intended) out a game. Are there any bad seats at the arena? Any suggestions as to places to go to before/after the game?
Thanks in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 06:05 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
Cane's games aren't as good as Sabres games IMO...but they are definitely the best in the South..the RBC Center is really nice as well. It's brand new and has plenty of room and comfortable seats.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:16 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Anyone ever been to a Hurricanes game? We enjoy hockey and would like to check (no pun intended) out a game. Are there any bad seats at the arena? Any suggestions as to places to go to before/after the game?
Thanks in advance!!!
We haven't found a bad seat in the house from second row from the ice to the cheap seats in the rafters. Nice facility, great staff, and other then the out-of-state fans from a certain team last year during the play-offs (not the Oilers, their fans were awesome), I've never seen a problem.

There really seems to be nothing around RBC Center yet to go afterwards (I think there is a Damon's that is close maybe? Never been there.) We normally head out to a favorite sport's bar closer to home after the game since we live in WF.

We were never hockey fans until we moved down here (baseball and football), but we were 'forced' to take a VIP for work to a game a few years ago. Man....we've been hooked (pardon another pun) ever since.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
We haven't found a bad seat in the house from second row from the ice to the cheap seats in the rafters. Nice facility, great staff, and other then the out-of-state fans from a certain team last year during the play-offs (not the Oilers, their fans were awesome), I've never seen a problem.

There really seems to be nothing around RBC Center yet to go afterwards (I think there is a Damon's that is close maybe? Never been there.) We normally head out to a favorite sport's bar closer to home after the game since we live in WF.

We were never hockey fans until we moved down here (baseball and football), but we were 'forced' to take a VIP for work to a game a few years ago. Man....we've been hooked (pardon another pun) ever since.
Thanks folks... yes I am a football fan (if my team can ever get their act together again), but we do enjoy a good hockey game. We came from a city that had a great IHL team, and would enjoy lining up with the Canes. My goal (had to keep the puns a comin') is to try a game this week. Sure would be nice if there were a place to connect with friends before and/or after the game however.

We also had an indoor soccer team. I was forced to go to a game once and was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Lots of action.

ANYWAY.. got off track. Thanks for the info, and if anyone else has input I am all ears.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:27 AM

906 posts, read 2,382,302 times
We've been to 3 games this season and really enjoyed them all. We've only sat in lower section seats so I don't know what the upper seats are like. My parents just visited from Chicago and we took them to a game. They kept commenting on how nice the arena was and how many food and beverage choices there were.

There's not a lot of anything near the RBC center though, just that Damon's across the street. Edward's Mill Rd has some places to get a bite to eat afterwards but there's nothing super close.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:53 PM

137 posts, read 607,341 times
Plan to go early and partake of the tailgating in the RBC center parking lot... amongst the NHL venues, "hockey tailgating" is something that's pretty unique to Raleigh in the world of hockey - to the point where one of the publications I read several months ago listed a Hurricanes game experience as one of the "top 10" in hockey. Of course, the tailgating owes its roots to the collegiate football experience, and the RBC Center is also home to NC State basketball and it's in the backyard of the State campus and football stadium.

Dress for the outdoor weather, show up early, and prepare to scream a lot during the game... heck, bring one of those canned air horns if you like... lol!

Old 02-01-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmk View Post
Plan to go early and partake of the tailgating in the RBC center parking lot... amongst the NHL venues, "hockey tailgating" is something that's pretty unique to Raleigh in the world of hockey - to the point where one of the publications I read several months ago listed a Hurricanes game experience as one of the "top 10" in hockey. Of course, the tailgating owes its roots to the collegiate football experience, and the RBC Center is also home to NC State basketball and it's in the backyard of the State campus and football stadium.

Dress for the outdoor weather, show up early, and prepare to scream a lot during the game... heck, bring one of those canned air horns if you like... lol!
Cool (no pun intended).

I am used to Lambeau Field tailgating, so I would love to try out Hockey tailgating

Scream a lot during the game? Sounds like fun to me! Thanks for the tailgating tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary