Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:35 PM

319 posts, read 1,478,984 times

Advertisements

I am at this Krispy Kreme every 6-7 weeks delivering 7 dozen doughnuts to my customers. The staff is very friendly and went out of their way to let me sample their new lattes. I still prefer DD coffee. I got hooked on KK from going to college in Winston. There is nothing like a "hot and now" doughnut.

For the durhamites, let me know and I will bring you a dozen from this location.

apple filled?
custard filled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 07:40 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,189,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori1961 View Post
Where are all the "Mom and Pop" donut shoppes? That is where you find the best donuts, IMO. To me, KK donuts are like pouring sugar directly into my mouth.

Good, so I'm not the only one who finds them too sweet! Even thinking about them right now turns my stomach.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Krispy Kreme and a glass of milk....YUM

Old 09-23-2008, 02:45 AM

847 posts, read 3,523,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danadana View Post
I am at this Krispy Kreme every 6-7 weeks delivering 7 dozen doughnuts to my customers. The staff is very friendly and went out of their way to let me sample their new lattes. I still prefer DD coffee. I got hooked on KK from going to college in Winston. There is nothing like a "hot and now" doughnut.

For the durhamites, let me know and I will bring you a dozen from this location.

apple filled?
custard filled?
Boston Creme, please,

This must be the... third??... thread about donuts. I don't know what is in the air, but today my little one came inside and said out of the blue, Mommy, I want a donut. We hardly ever eat donuts, so I don't know where she got that idea! Like I said, it's in the air.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
My favorite was the Plain Cake which was discontinued

BTW, The Krispy Kreme on Person St. used to be on the other side of the street one block north. A large two story house-antique shop stood at it's present location. I'll never forget the full size sleigh that sat out front under a huge tree.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:54 AM

460 posts, read 1,274,502 times
Mmmmm...I love the chocolate glazed. And driving by there with the windows down gets your stomach growling!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 AM

50 posts, read 186,430 times
The minute I got my license 15 years ago (wow), I drove straight to KK and ate my fill with some whole milk. It was glorious.

Sketchy part of town???? Wow. Have you ever been to that part of town? Just because it is not a fully white suburban neighborhood does that make it sketchy?

Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,744 times
I found this picture on another thread taken by NRG.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:28 AM

57 posts, read 246,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_hudson View Post
Sketchy part of town???? Wow. Have you ever been to that part of town? Just because it is not a fully white suburban neighborhood does that make it sketchy?
Agreed... the KK is situated between Oakwood, Oakdale, Mordecai, Seaboard Station and the Blount Street Historic District Redevelopment... none of which are considered sketchy! These are some of the very few areas with any character in Raleigh. Have you checked out the price of real estate in these areas?... maybe it's the convenience of the KK that keeps these areas desirable!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
If someone thinks it sketchy over there now, you should have seen it 40 years ago Besides the Gov lives over there just two blocks south. He'd be crushed to know people thought he lived in such a sketchy neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary