Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 PM

3 posts, read 13,693 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anybody out there has owned or currently owns a Greg Johnson home? I like this builder very much and have been contemplating buying one in Knolls at the Neuse. The community looks nice and I would love to hear from someone that actually lives there :-) Some Q's would be...how is the Homeowners Association, are there many children in the neighborhood (I have a 2yr old), what are likes/dislikes once you purchased your home (anything you didn't foresee pre-purchase), how is the nature trail, how is traffic to and fro the community, etc.

Anyway, any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Last edited by |3LUE; 12-07-2008 at 09:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 05:24 AM

513 posts, read 1,605,368 times
they are a good company and they do take care of their customers

Old 12-08-2008, 03:16 PM

431 posts, read 1,338,410 times
I dont own a home there but did just visit the development last week while we were down there purchasing our new home.....I've seen many of their homes online and they always seemed to have what we were looking for.....However, and this is just our take, and I'm not knocking anyone who has purchased there or will but I have received quite a few pm's from current residents about the schools....

They have now been reassinged to the new Powahatan elementary which I've heard people are very happy with, but that the Middle school isnt where they want their children to go.....I kinda got the feeling it wasnt just one thing but many that made them feel this way....they are supposed to be building a new Powhatan MS in the next couple of years so that may not be an issue for you since your child is so young....but I have 3 school aged boys and we decided we didnt want to run into those problems right away...

Again this is just what I've gottem from a few that have replied....i'm sure there are plenty that are happy, and as I said the developement looks really nice and the homes are large w/good prop sizes....Obviously you need to see for yourself and see if its the right fit.....

Good luck with your search

Suzanne

Old 12-08-2008, 06:24 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,842 times
I keep saying this, but I would not buy a new home without it being an Energy Star rated home. There are way too many quality builders building homes that are certified to be energy efficient to take a chance.

Good Luck!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Thanks Suzanne, that really helps! With my son being so young I guess I can hope for the best for the new MS. It makes me happy that you've heard good reviews about Powahatan elementary :-)

Old 12-09-2008, 12:41 PM

431 posts, read 1,338,410 times
Default Glad to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by |3LUE View Post
Thanks Suzanne, that really helps! With my son being so young I guess I can hope for the best for the new MS. It makes me happy that you've heard good reviews about Powahatan elementary :-)

I mean exactly you have a long way to go before you have to worry about the ms.....and like I said they told me it should be done around 3 or so years when I called.....this way they wont be sent to ( I think the one they were speaking of w/the issues) was smithfiled/selma...

I mean if you are really happy with the area/homes then you could ride it out down the road you can figure it out should the ms not happen over in powhatan.

Best of Luck in your search..we're moving down to Clayton and bought in the Walker Woods development over in Flowers Plantation and will close the beginning of January....CANT WAIT !!!

Suzanne

Old 12-09-2008, 01:10 PM

47 posts, read 167,069 times
Hi, We bought at Knolls and are very happy. The builder and his staff have been great to work with. I agree with the comments about the Middle school, however my 11 yr old DD is attending there and we have had no issues. I don't think the nature trail is finished yet but we will love it when it is. There are young families, it seems to be a good mix of young and older folks. We do like Pohawten Elem. We are thinking of moving our middle schooler next school year, we pick up and drop off so it would be much easier not to have to drive to Smithfield. Let us know what you decide.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:13 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
From an inspectors standpoint, GJ is an outstanding builder!

Old 12-10-2008, 06:32 PM

Well I fully agree with you sacredgrooves! My wife and I plan on making an offer this week. We can't wait to be part of the community :-) I believe in my heart that this would be a great place to raise my son.

|3LUE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary