Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:15 PM

35 posts, read 129,983 times

Advertisements

My husband and I looked at Sunset Ridge and Sunset Oaks on a recent trip. We really liked the communities and the idea of the water park for the kids. We have not been to Holly Glen but have looked at the homes online. Can anyone give us a comparison of the different subdivisions (pros & cons). Does anyone have photos of these neighborhoods? Does anyone know what the pool is like at Holly Glen?

Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 03:02 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,750 times
Default all OK but....

I would really look at the community pools on a hot Sat. early afternoon, most are packed to the max so much you cant get in. all the subdiv. you mentioned are nice, not really a negative except for the density in realation to much these amenities can handle.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 PM

237 posts, read 1,029,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on the move View Post
My husband and I looked at Sunset Ridge and Sunset Oaks on a recent trip. We really liked the communities and the idea of the water park for the kids. We have not been to Holly Glen but have looked at the homes online. Can anyone give us a comparison of the different subdivisions (pros & cons). Does anyone have photos of these neighborhoods? Does anyone know what the pool is like at Holly Glen?

Thanks for your help

My question would be what is the price difference between the communites to use the pool. I know Sunset Ridge/Oaks has a hefty fee on top of their HOA to use the pool. I think most neighborhoods include pool usage in their HOA

Old 03-01-2007, 06:57 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,189,511 times
I heard (just hearsay) that the big waterpark pool over there was closed a fair portion of the time for ummm, floaters from little kids. The mom I was talking to said it was a great pool but had to be closed down a lot for that reason. Anyone know if that is true?

Old 03-01-2007, 08:11 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,750 times
Default i am sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncsmomndad View Post
I heard (just hearsay) that the big waterpark pool over there was closed a fair portion of the time for ummm, floaters from little kids. The mom I was talking to said it was a great pool but had to be closed down a lot for that reason. Anyone know if that is true?

With that many kids in a pool, its got to happen. One reason I dont like them

Old 03-01-2007, 08:36 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,698,184 times
Quote:

Thanks for your help
Hi!

We live in Holly Glen. The HOA fee is $100 per quarter. The pool is decent size, but does get very crowded on weekends (like most neighborhood pools). No water park, just a normal pool. I've heard that the HOA is considering building an additional pool due to the increase in new construction. There is also a wooden playground, volleyball, tennis courts and a small pond. We like it here. Plus I believe homes are a little more affordable than the other neighborhoods you mentioned. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Old 03-02-2007, 07:05 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,990 times
Quote:

Thanks for your help
We live in Sunset Ridge. Looked at Sunset oaks. Have no idea about Holly Glen (where it even is ) I can tell you we chose SR over SO because the lots were larger, homes were larger and more custom, had more trees and has more of a rolling landscape so that everything doesn't look like it is stacked right next to each other of that makes any sense. Also because it has easier access to shopping areas and commuting routes. As far as the pools go......we only went once to the SR pool last labor day on a one way pass to try it out. My kids loved the slide. It wasn't overly crowded on that particular day. It served its purpose. We are deciding between joining the pool or putting one of our own in.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:17 AM

237 posts, read 1,029,691 times
Not sure if you've considered Wescott. We have pool here at Wescott and lots of community activities are planned as well as a residents website. Our HOA is $150 per quarter. We looked at SO and SR and for whatever reason, decided on Wescott. I had never heard of Holly Glen either til I found this board. Where is it?

Old 03-02-2007, 07:27 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhomenc View Post
Not sure if you've considered Wescott. We have pool here at Wescott and lots of community activities are planned as well as a residents website. Our HOA is $150 per quarter. We looked at SO and SR and for whatever reason, decided on Wescott. I had never heard of Holly Glen either til I found this board. Where is it?
Yes good call that would be another neighborhood I would consider! We liked the neighborhood but they just didn't have the right house at the right time for us.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:26 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,698,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhomenc View Post
Holly Glen is located off Avent Ferry Rd., just past the new elementary school and high school. (The entrance to HG is on the right side of Avent Ferry.) I've heard Wescott mentioned before. Where is it located?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary