Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:00 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times

Advertisements

To the OP if he/she comes back, yes, people in Cary in for the most part friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 03:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Ya, I saw your last snide comment. I'll ignore it, but will give you a but of advice anyhow. If you're going to be critical of a post, have a comeback. In-direct comments show an element of corward-like-ness. What in my last post, do you specifically disagree with? Since you are inclined to keep calling me out, over and over and over again, lets get down to specifics, shall we? Too much to ask of the of a Giant's fan I know, especially today. But if you're going to keep attacking my posts, at least make a point.
I think deep down you are probably a nice guy captain. You live in Cary too so this gets right to the OP's question. My comment wasn't helpful and neither is this silly bickering. Let's leave the lectures, life lessons, and football posturing for another time as it doesn't help the OP as I have already agreed.

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 12-15-2008 at 03:29 PM..

Old 12-15-2008, 03:47 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
OK - to stay with the OP's original question. I moved to Cary 8 months ago. We've made more friends and have been more social than our previous 20 years in RI. Our neighbors have welcomed us warmly and the first week here, I was invited to a monthly "girls night out" with several women on our street. We joined a couples group on Meetup.com and have made some wonderful friends. So, I'll say that people in Cary ARE pretty darn friendly, at least the people I've been fortunate enough to meet. I truly believe that people are people, no matter where they hail from. There are nice people and not so nice people in every city, town and village in the U.S. We've been lucky to meet so many wonderful people in the short time we've been here. For the posters who feel it necessary to lump all Caryites into a group of "yuppies", snobs etc, it's just a fallacy.

>>>>>getting off soapbox now.....

Old 12-15-2008, 03:48 PM

43,293 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
OK - to stay with the OP's original question. I moved to Cary 8 months ago. We've made more friends and have been more social than our previous 20 years in RI. Our neighbors have welcomed us warmly and the first week here, I was invited to a monthly "girls night out" with several women on our street. We joined a couples group on Meetup.com and have made some wonderful friends. So, I'll say that people in Cary ARE pretty darn friendly, at least the people I've been fortunate enough to meet. I truly believe that people are people, no matter where they hail from. There are nice people and not so nice people in every city, town and village in the U.S. We've been lucky to meet so many wonderful people in the short time we've been here. For the posters who feel it necessary to lump all Caryites into a group of "yuppies", snobs etc, it's just a fallacy.

>>>>>getting off soapbox now.....
FWIW, you're nice too!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:56 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
FWIW, you're nice too!
Awww, thanks! And without hesitation - you ROCK! This forum is so successful because of people like yourself!

Old 12-15-2008, 04:21 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
I'm thinking they are as friendly as anywhere else! I was thinking about this - I'm a yankee myself, and I think given the number of transplants people may keep to themselves more than in smaller towns filled primarily with natives. I don't personally see that as a bad thing (I just passed up a house because I felt like it was just too much togetherness...)

I could be wrong about it though. I just know that we like our personal space up north ... but are still friendly

Old 12-15-2008, 04:36 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,167,647 times
Lordy, why do I even bother to read these ridiculous threads? Same stupid arguments; same stupid questions. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:48 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,085 times
Here is my final word on the topic. I actually enjoy debating and let us keep in mind, with the exception of those who bring their profession to the forum, this is the internet and is not 100% the real world. People tend to be much more brash on the web then in real life. Actually they have done studies on this.

I am a fair and opened minded person, but will never shy away from a good debate. I get a little irritated when people speak in a critical manor towards someone without being direct. It is a sign or arrogance and is indeed condescending. If I disagree with you, I'll try and be nice, not name calling or suggesting things, but I also will have no problem letting you know. If that bothers some people, then I don't know what to tell you.

As for this thread specifically.....well, these types of threads pop up about once per week. And they always seem to lead to everyone lining up to stereotype people. And this, if you read my history of posts here, is something I cannot stand. I think there is good and bad in all types of people and a geographical line does not make someone a nice or rude person.

On this forum, I truly might be a little on the rude side. In person, I'm very friendly and outgoing. I admit it, and that is just the way it is.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:31 AM

353 posts, read 1,367,097 times
Hey CarolinaCowboy I loved your first response! Rep points for you!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:06 AM

75 posts, read 238,131 times
I have lived in Cary for 1 year now. My neighbors welcomed us with open arms (and Christmas cookies). We were relatively new to the area, and the people who have lived in our neighborhood for 10+ years treat us like we've been there forever. We love our little neighborhood and are happy to call it our home. It's absolutely perfect for our family. I think it's more important to critique the neighborhood you move into than the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary