Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:26 AM

584 posts, read 2,423,769 times

Advertisements

Anyway to find out how many real estate agents at various offices around Raleigh? Which office has the most agents..

I want to send something to the largest offices in hopes of catching the eye of the most agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 11:45 AM

121 posts, read 388,644 times
I don't know about the other agencies but HPW's offices at Falls of the Neuse, Strickland, and Cary/Kildaire are fairly large. Around 100 agents each.

Are you sending food? Pizza, doughnuts, cookies around the office always catch my eye!

Last edited by Eagle Scout; 12-30-2008 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 12-30-2008, 12:42 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
I can tell you that at my office, FM Realty, we get alot of "stuff". Depending on what it is, it could end up in the trash or in our mailboxes.

FM Realty has FM Lending so alot of the lender type stuff goes...???

Vicki

Old 12-30-2008, 01:37 PM

208 posts, read 633,831 times
Fonville-Morrisey and RE/MAX come to mind, I'm sure there are others.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:21 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,970,465 times
What are you sending and why?

As Vicki said, many of the bigger real estate offices have inhouse lenders, title companies, etc. It doesn't mean you can't work with them... I work with several agents at big offices. But if you are sending solicitations it might be their policy not to distribute it because of contracts with their partners. The gatekeepers job is to make sure the agents don't "waste time" with such things.

As a branch manager at a banker/broker, I understand why. I get account executives from banks, appraisers and title companies doing the same thing to me. There are dozens of emails a week, direct mail, donuts, coffee, desk calendars, pens, post-it notes, etc. As much as I want to learn new products and meet honest service providers, it is often a distraction.

Last edited by rcarrillo; 12-30-2008 at 07:09 PM..

Old 12-30-2008, 06:54 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
I am guessing that the OP has a notice, flyer, or most hopefully, a large box of chocolates ( ) which will promote a property for sale.

And the N Raleigh Keller Williams office is over 130 agents, while the Cary office is about 109 agents.
Certainly among the larger agent counts in the Raleigh/Cary area.

I like my cacao count over 75%, thank you very much!

Old 12-30-2008, 06:59 PM

584 posts, read 2,423,769 times
Yes, it's a flyer - 11 x 17 cardstock folded with a big announcement about our house for sale. I wanted to send it to the largest companies in hopes it might encourage someone to look at the house.

Funny you mention the chocolates - when we held an open house earlier I delivered cookie cakes to about a dozen local companies (I've lost that list!) with the MLS# and open house info...AND...we has little flyers on the cookie cake box saying that we'd have a drawing for a $50 gas card if agents dropped their name in a fish bowl at the open house....

yeah....over the course of 2 days we had 1 agent per day show up. What a waste of money and creativity....although I'm sure the cookie cakes got eaten.

But to the point of the thread - I have a flyer to send.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:15 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,970,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawburg View Post
Yes, it's a flyer - 11 x 17 cardstock folded with a big announcement about our house for sale. I wanted to send it to the largest companies in hopes it might encourage someone to look at the house.

Funny you mention the chocolates - when we held an open house earlier I delivered cookie cakes to about a dozen local companies (I've lost that list!) with the MLS# and open house info...AND...we has little flyers on the cookie cake box saying that we'd have a drawing for a $50 gas card if agents dropped their name in a fish bowl at the open house....

yeah....over the course of 2 days we had 1 agent per day show up. What a waste of money and creativity....although I'm sure the cookie cakes got eaten.

Chocolates, donuts and cookies are nice... but they rarely work. Its funny, my joke was always that I knew a dozen banks that I would call if I needed some snacks or office supplies... but would never call if I needed a loan.

It is a creative and fun idea, but agents at the big offices get bombarded with enough treats that you aren't really standing out. In the end, it will come down to the price and features of the home.

Are you working with a Realtor, a discount brokerage or are you doing a FSBO?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:28 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarrillo View Post
Chocolates, donuts and cookies are nice... but they rarely work. Its funny, my joke was always that I knew a dozen banks that I would call if I needed some snacks or office supplies... but would never call if I needed a loan.

It is a creative and fun idea, but agents at the big offices get bombarded with enough treats that you aren't really standing out. In the end, it will come down to the price and features of the home.

Are you working with a Realtor, a discount brokerage or are you doing a FSBO?
Dude!!
I'm trying to score some chocolates here.
Dang, buddy....

Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawburg View Post

I admire what you are doing but I will tell you this, in all honesty (as if I could do anything else!) ...

If you are FSBO, I wouldn't waste too much time and energy dropping off flyers at RE offices.

Before you get your back up...and we have to pull out the group prozac bottle...

there are a zillion houses on the market right now. I find so many houses for people that they are telling ME to narrow down THEIR list! It is overwhelming to them. So...if I have to narrow down the list because that is what THEY want me to do...would I prefer to show them a home listed in MLS or a FSBO, which means I'll be dealing with a seller, not a professional Agent, which in the long run is going to cost me more time than I may have available.

Now, if your home is not a FSBO, then I suggest you get your Agent off his (note that I didn't say "her") butt and do the work for which he is being paid!!!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary