Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 AM

26 posts, read 104,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawburg View Post
This is what makes news in HS?

Unfortunately, yes. It's so boring around here, there's not much else to get excited about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 06:43 AM

178 posts, read 1,227,278 times
"Unfortunately, yes. It's so boring around here, there's not much else to get excited about."

You're obviously not aware of the many opportunities to become involved in the Holly Springs community. Try volunteering to help with one of the schools athletic programs. Or maybe one of the six civic/service organizations with chapters here might interest you more. There are also volunteer opportunities with the Chamber of Commerce and the Town. The choice is yours....sit on the sofa and do nothing or get involved in the community and realize how much fun you can have helping others.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:02 AM

26 posts, read 104,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwally View Post
"Unfortunately, yes. It's so boring around here, there's not much else to get excited about."

You're obviously not aware of the many opportunities to become involved in the Holly Springs community. Try volunteering to help with one of the schools athletic programs. Or maybe one of the six civic/service organizations with chapters here might interest you more. There are also volunteer opportunities with the Chamber of Commerce and the Town. The choice is yours....sit on the sofa and do nothing or get involved in the community and realize how much fun you can have helping others.

Umm..... who said anyhting about sitting on a couch? or getting out? or volunteering? or getting involved with anything??? I'm just saying that not much goes on in Holly Springs that is really worth getting excited over.

Oh, wait a minute.... didn't some one mention that there's going to be a Burger King built in Holly Springs? I guess that's something to jump for joy over, huh?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:47 AM

"Umm..... who said anyhting about sitting on a couch? or getting out? or volunteering? or getting involved with anything??? I'm just saying that not much goes on in Holly Springs that is really worth getting excited over."

I guess it depends on what you define as being exciting...for me, it's playing a role in the community and making new friends, helping the less fortunate, accomplishing shared goals, innovating ways to overcome obstacles....there is plenty of excitement here if you know where to look and are willing to allow new possibilities...

Old 01-22-2009, 10:14 AM

850 posts, read 4,739,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwally View Post

That comment was a little uncalled for. To say that someone isn't aware of how to be active in the community b/c of a lighthearted response is IMO ignorant and rude. There was no need to attach this poster and say they "sit on the sofa and do nothing" and that they "don't know how much fun it is to help others" simply because they say there isn't much to get excited about. You don't know them so you have no right to judge them or the activities they chose to participate in.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:02 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,581,431 times
yeah I sit in front of my computer and post on message boards, not on my couch

Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 PM

"That comment was a little uncalled for. To say that someone isn't aware of how to be active in the community b/c of a lighthearted response is IMO ignorant and rude. There was no need to attach this poster and say they "sit on the sofa and do nothing" and that they "don't know how much fun it is to help others" simply because they say there isn't much to get excited about. You don't know them so you have no right to judge them or the activities they chose to participate in."

My comments weren't "ignorant or rude". They were not an attack on the poster nor judgmental. If that is your interpretation then you have misunderstood them. Many people have no idea of the abundant activities that are available. To say that HS is boring clearly indicates that the person is unaware of this fact.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:22 PM

347 posts, read 933,835 times
RWALLY,

I wouldnt say they were ignorant or rude but you misunderstood the tongue in cheek response about how boring it is. I am sure if you were having a face to face conversation, you would have gotten it.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:32 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoisbetter View Post
It looks like they are stocking the Walgreens on HS rd and Sunset lake!
Sue Stock reports in today's News & Observer that the store will open mid-March...

Old 01-23-2009, 06:29 AM

108 posts, read 347,582 times
Maybe it's just me, but I am bummed the Walgreens is actually opening. So many other business could go into that space that would be of more value to the Holly Springs community than another pharmacy. We have enough already! Yes, in this economy it's good that the building is even opening, but I'd love to see something a little more unique rather than something we can find anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary