Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:50 AM

1,357 posts, read 4,031,969 times

Advertisements

I'm giving TJ's at least a week if not two before I step foot inside lol. I went this week to the Cary location and stocked up, so when I run out I'll brave the new (much closer) location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 03:13 PM

41 posts, read 84,776 times
I was on Wake Forest Rd several times from 2:00pm-3:15pm today and I didn't notice
traffic any heavier than usual. Take it for what its worth.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:41 PM

572 posts, read 1,304,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triangletallman View Post
I was on Wake Forest Rd several times from 2:00pm-3:15pm today and I didn't notice
traffic any heavier than usual. Take it for what its worth.
Ditto.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:11 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,162,907 times
im going now to check it out. im not afraid of crowds. i've survived the last train of the night in salem, ma on halloween... ;-)

Old 10-30-2009, 05:46 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,109,901 times
Gucci, please report back.

I told my DH not to go tonight for fear of crowds.

Now everything I want to buy will probably be gone when we go tomorrow when the real crowds appear.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:16 PM

569 posts, read 1,979,910 times
I went this morning about 9:30. Had no problem parking, and though it was packed I didn't have too much of a problem getting around. All the checkout lines were backed up into the food aisles but would guess I only spent about 10 minutes in line. I have seen it nearly as crowded on a weekend at the Cary store.

As for traffic on WF Rd, I doubt the TJs opening would affect traffic much. The way traffic enters Holly Park don't think you would get much backup at the traffic light, and there are plenty of lanes on WF Rd(even if they are very narrow lanes).

Old 10-30-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Gucci, please report back.

I told my DH not to go tonight for fear of crowds.

Now everything I want to buy will probably be gone when we go tomorrow when the real crowds appear.
well theyre closed now. but it wasnt terrible. it was just very busy. surprisingly they seemed to be well stocked in everything except frozen green beans and french beans. we spent 186 bucks, got a ton of wine, beer, frozen food, fresh meat, cheese and fish... and snacks. everyone was so excited to be there, staff included. it's probably about as far as the cary one for me, but ill start going there just because im happy they opened one in raleigh, finally

Old 10-31-2009, 09:06 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,310,881 times
My wife and I may stop by the new Trader Joe's later todayt. If we do I will try to snap some pictures.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:24 AM

it looks like a walgreens outside and every tj's inside, except a better produce section than most. i mean a 6-pack of persimmons? wtf do i do with that? who do they think they are, confusing me with produce like that...whole foods?

Old 10-31-2009, 12:09 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,109,901 times
I just got back from Trader Joe's. It's only 5 minutes from beautiful Brentwood.

HUGE disappointment because they had NO freshly made gluten-free bakery products!!!

They said they haven't yet found a vendor to provide them.

I wasn't the only one disappointed. Seems like they could have had that all in place since they've known for so long they were going to open at that location.

They offered to provide a list of their gluten-free goods, but in the past, it's one big joke, because it is a multi-page list and includes EVERYTHING that is gluten-free, including food that, d'uh, we KNOW is gluten free and never thought for a minute that it wasn't. Their gluten-free list should include only those gluten-free items that usually have gluten.

It was extremely busy, but I heard this echoing sentiment from the staff throughout the store: "Not as bad as yesterday."

I took some pics and may upload later.

If they don't have any fresh gluten-free products, it's not worth it for me to shop there. I can get whatever fresh fruit and vegetables I want elsewhere, and most manufactured food has wheat, soy, or oats in it, which I can't eat.

They also said they do not and will not have a gluten-free aisle or part of an aisle for their packaged gluten-free items. That's a pain in the butt. It's much easier to see it all in one place instead of having to go search for it.

I'll go back on a quiet day to get some packaged gluten-free goodies, I guess...when I have time to search for them. This is what it's like to shop that way for someone who is allergic to gluten: "Can't eat that. Can't eat that. Can't eat that. Can't eat that. Oooh, that looks good; can't eat that."

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 10-31-2009 at 12:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary