Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:54 PM

551 posts, read 2,286,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessforstrength View Post
I wasn't living here then, but wasn't it true that U2 cancelled a Raleigh show on the PopMart tour in 1997?
Yes, and I had tickets, and it was a huge pain to get a refund. No refund on the 'convenience' fees from Ticketmaster, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
Yes, and I had tickets, and it was a huge pain to get a refund. No refund on the 'convenience' fees from Ticketmaster, either.
it's been 12 years, let it go!
besides, DMB is playing there in a couple weeks. they're better anyways, go see them!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:55 PM

551 posts, read 2,286,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
besides, DMB is playing there in a couple weeks. they're better anyways, go see them!
I have gone to DMB every year, for years and years.... But tonight's weather is a prime example of why I don't want to buy tickets to an outdoor concert in April! No worries, there are always plenty of great shows.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
I have gone to DMB every year, for years and years....
well that deserves a rep point!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:28 PM

66 posts, read 134,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
Yeah, they were good back when Clinton was president!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:31 AM

well a democrats back in the white house. they can be good again!
(i can't believe i've hijacked a raleigh thread with dmb....)

Old 04-10-2009, 01:45 PM

15 posts, read 48,160 times
arguably the most overrated band of the last 20 years.
lacking in almost every way.....lead singer voice....instrument playing skills....melody.

I might get badly bashed here........but what is it in this band that makes you want to see them live ? what is it that you really enjoy when you listen to U2 ???

Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLabRat View Post
arguably the most overrated band of the last 20 years.
lacking in almost every way.....lead singer voice....instrument playing skills....melody.

I might get badly bashed here........but what is it in this band that makes you want to see them live ? what is it that you really enjoy when you listen to U2 ???
No bashing but is a band really "overrated" when they continue to break records and sell out shows with ticket prices that can be over $200? This happens every time they tour, it's not a fluke. U2 has been around for 30+ years so there has to be something to that right?

I like U2 but I have a few favorites above them like Radiohead, Coldplay, and DMB. If I had to make a top 10 list of albums I'd put Joshua Tree in the top 3. All that said I am not a huge fan of the latest release "No Line on the Horizon". That's no reason to stay away from this tour though, they have a huge catalog of hits that they'll play in addition to the new stuff, their live performance are what I call a music experience, they really put on a good show in many aspects (sound, lighting, stage set, etc.), and there is always the chance the album will grown on me by September.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:55 PM

47 posts, read 159,934 times
Joshua Tree is a fantastic album. I am hoping they don't go crazy with their newer albums so we get plenty of the old greats. Bullet the Blue Sky and In God's Country are two of my personal favorites that are far from overrated Have been waiting for years to see them..yippee!!

Old 04-11-2009, 05:31 AM

35 posts, read 137,222 times
Default Yes!!

U2 is coming and I found out after I bought tickets for Giants Stadium!!!! Guess i will have to see them twice! Tickets go on sale Tuesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary