Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 01:18 PM

35 posts, read 100,346 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know a good pediatrician and or doctor in the Raleigh area who is good at treating severe asthma in children? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 04:37 PM

932 posts, read 3,099,501 times
My son sees Dr. Firrincieli at Carolina Allergy & Asthma. He's great with my 5 year old and was recommended to me by another mom. Home They have offices in Cary, Chapel Hill, and Raleigh.

Dr. Kristi Woods at Growing Child Peds is awesome. They have after hours clinics. My son's Asthma always flairs up when the office is closed and I am able to take him to their after hours office when I need. They have 7 (I think) offices in the area, not including the after hours offices. Dr. Hamp is another doctor there that we have good expereiences with. We stick with 1 doctor at the practice because my son has some special needs. Welcome | www.growingchildpediatrics.com

Good Luck. I know Asthma can be hard to deal with.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:19 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,107,301 times
I had bad asthma (as an adult) until I self-diagnosed myself with an allergy to gluten. I haven't had to use an inhaler in years.

I always wonder if doctors tell parents to try a gluten-free diet with asthmatic children (just to be sure it's not due to a food allergy).

Do they?

Quote:
Good Luck. I know Asthma can be hard to deal with.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:55 PM

55 posts, read 145,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnerMama View Post
My son sees Dr. Firrincieli at Carolina Allergy & Asthma. He's great with my 5 year old and was recommended to me by another mom. Home They have offices in Cary, Chapel Hill, and Raleigh.
My DH also sees Dr. Firrincieli for asthma and has been happy with him. My DD sees Dr LaForce (also at CAA) and we like him also.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:34 AM

932 posts, read 3,099,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I always wonder if doctors tell parents to try a gluten-free diet with asthmatic children (just to be sure it's not due to a food allergy).

Do they?

Dr. Firrincieli did allergy testing on my son and his Asthma is related to a lot of allergies that he has. Thankfully his only food allergy is to nuts. I'm not sure what they do regarding the gluten-free diet because we had already tried it before we started seeing them. I don't remember them mentioning it, but it's been a while.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 AM

42 posts, read 273,996 times
We use the Allergy, Asthma ans Sinus Center (Dr. Judge) for my two younger children (son is almost 12 and daughter is 3) both of whom have asthma and allergies. My son has been doing allergy shots for a year and they have made a night and day difference with his asthma as well. They have offices in North Raleigh, Cary and Wake Forest and I would definitely recommend them. Our pediatrician is Wakefield Pediatrics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary