Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2007, 08:00 AM

374 posts, read 1,598,829 times

Advertisements

we spent most of the week looking at homes around that area and I dont recall seing ANY. I saw a place called Coffee Cargo that was a drive thru. Do they not allow them or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 08:20 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,658 times
In Target you can find one. Off of 98.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:49 AM

842 posts, read 3,229,967 times
According to Google Maps, there are 428 Starbucks near Wake Forest, NC...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=e...,0.352249&om=1

Old 04-15-2007, 10:09 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfamilyof4 View Post
we spent most of the week looking at homes around that area and I dont recall seing ANY. I saw a place called Coffee Cargo that was a drive thru. Do they not allow them or something?
There is a Starbucks at Target, there is a Starbucks just across Capital (when S. Main turns into New Falls of Neuse) by the cinema and Krogers in an area called 'Wakefield Commons'.

We have a nice coffee shop downtown called The Well. I believe the bagel shop in Heritage also has tables and serves coffee drinks (but don't quote me, it's been quite a bit since I've been in there.)

They are not banned....but thankfully there are other options as well!!

Old 04-15-2007, 11:24 AM

Cool..i look forward to discovering The Well. I totally fell in love with the pretty downtown WF area! I aslso look forward to finding the library...I couldnt find that at all. Thanks Des. I did see that Bagel shop though I never went into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
There is a Starbucks at Target, there is a Starbucks just across Capital (when S. Main turns into New Falls of Neuse) by the cinema and Krogers in an area called 'Wakefield Commons'.

We have a nice coffee shop downtown called The Well. I believe the bagel shop in Heritage also has tables and serves coffee drinks (but don't quote me, it's been quite a bit since I've been in there.)

They are not banned....but thankfully there are other options as well!!

Old 04-15-2007, 11:33 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfamilyof4 View Post
Cool..i look forward to discovering The Well. I totally fell in love with the pretty downtown WF area! I aslso look forward to finding the library...I couldnt find that at all. Thanks Des. I did see that Bagel shop though I never went into it.
The library is easy to find....but it's sort of 'hidden'.

From Heritage:
Go up South Main to the Stone Chapel
Turn right on to East Holding (You can't turn left)
Go over the railroad tracks and it's down the road on the right.

There is also is a Wake County Senior Center on this road.

They are building some sort of other county building (welfare center I guess....I can't quite figure out 'exactly' what it is for....but I am not happy with it being there why ruin what could be a nice part of town, you know?)....so there is some construction and you have to park on the street for now, but there is normally parking behind the library.

Keep in mind that most of the Wake County libraries are 'branches'...they don't have huge selections parked there. You can normally find a novel or something, but you normally have to order books online and then pick them up there. It normally only takes a day or two at most.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:39 AM

great. mostly i go there with the kids so I am hoping to find one that has a good "kids area" and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
The library is easy to find....but it's sort of 'hidden'.

From Heritage:
Go up South Main to the Stone Chapel
Turn right on to East Holding (You can't turn left)
Go over the railroad tracks and it's down the road on the right.

There is also is a Wake County Senior Center on this road.

They are building some sort of other county building (welfare center I guess....I can't quite figure out 'exactly' what it is for....but I am not happy with it being there why ruin what could be a nice part of town, you know?)....so there is some construction and you have to park on the street for now, but there is normally parking behind the library.

Keep in mind that most of the Wake County libraries are 'branches'...they don't have huge selections parked there. You can normally find a novel or something, but you normally have to order books online and then pick them up there. It normally only takes a day or two at most.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:02 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times
I know the library has a kids "story time" which is quite fun. The place is not huge, but decent enough and you can have them order books for you from other branches.

There is also a new brueggar's bagel shop in the same strip mall with the starbucks in/near wakefield. I definitely like it better than the bagel place in heritage, which I am not fond of!

Have fun exploring wake forest!

Leigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary