Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2007, 09:11 PM

123 posts, read 485,852 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the Falls River/Enclave subdivision? Does it have a pool, is it a safe neighborhood, are there nearby restaurants or shopping? Home values good in this area? Any information would be appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by HOltmans; 04-12-2007 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 09:13 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Anything around Bedford or Falls River is usually great for safety, schools and appreciation.

I think one of the people on this Forum lives in that neighborhood so maybe he can tell you more.

Hope this helps,

Vicki

Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 AM

2 posts, read 11,250 times
I am a Falls River resident. My family has been very happy with the neighborhood. I'm not sure about the Enclave section. I thought that was associated with the Bedford neighborhood. Both neighborhoods have great reputations. They both have pools. Falls River is a club that you must join and is seperate from the HOA. You must pay extra for that. Bedford is included in the HOA. Both facilities are nice.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosita View Post
I am a Falls River resident. My family has been very happy with the neighborhood. I'm not sure about the Enclave section. I thought that was associated with the Bedford neighborhood. Both neighborhoods have great reputations. They both have pools. Falls River is a club that you must join and is seperate from the HOA. You must pay extra for that. Bedford is included in the HOA. Both facilities are nice.
I do not live in Falls River, but I live right next to it and Bedford. I always get confused about what parts are strictly "Falls River" and which are "Bedford at Falls River" Like the previous poster said, but I too think The Enclave is Associated with Bedford. I pass it each day when I drive Down Dunn Road on my way Through Bedford. Honestly, both Falls River and Bedford are great communities and you can't go wrong with either in my opinion. Both have lots of families, amenities, and are convenient to a nice strip Mall located at the Corner of Durant and Falls River just down the road that has a Harris Teeter (Grocery), Starbucks, Blockbuster, and Kohl’s. There is also another strip Mall located at the Intersection of Falls River Avenue and Durant that has an Ace hardware, Food Lion, Coffee Shop, Jersey Mikes and other stores. IN addition to this they have expanded this strip Mall recently and new places are moving in. A Chophouse Grille just opened up last week. So there is are many conveniences nearby and then there is always the triangle town center Mall about 10-15 minutes away.

The only Drawback of the area I can think of is that Traffic can sometimes get backed-up on Falls of Neuse during Rush Hour. And it can often be a pain turning left from Dunn Road onto Falls of Neuse. However, there is a back way you can go along Falls River Avenue that only takes a bout 2 minutes, which will spare you this aggravation. There are also plans to ad a traffic light at the Dunn/Falls of Neuse Intersection as well as plans to widen Falls of Neuse Road. Although nobody knows for sure when that will happen.

Overall I think Falls River / Bedford is definitely worth taking a look at. Good luck with your search!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:55 AM

578 posts, read 3,080,753 times
I'm scheduled to close on a property in Falls River on May 31. Here's my review of the neighborhood in general.

* I'd refer to it as a neighborhood as opposed to a development.
* I'm not sure I could have dreamed up a better area for my family to live. Seriously. It's *not* just generic suburbia with sidewalks that go to nowhere but other houses.
* Visually appealing with extra wide streets, sidewalks on both sides of every street, tons of mature trees and landscaping, and well kept houses/properties.
* Seemingly idealistic kid community with pocket parks and abundant green space everywhere.
* I saw at least 2 kid friendly playground parks in the neighborhood and since there's sidewalks everywhere it'd be a reasonable walk to one of them from probably any house in the development.
* It was very quiet. No planes where heard. No highway noise. No trains. Just wind, birds, and humans.
* The neighborhood seemed to ooze with small children. There were 3 young kids playing and riding bikes in my cul-de-sac when I was viewing my new house. I saw tons playsets, swingsets, and basketball hoops in yards throughout the development.
* There's a trail to the Capital Greenway right in the development.
* Shopping and highways are close.
* Durant schools are right outside the main entrance to the development.
* The pool/tennis club visually great. I saw two pools, one with a nice spiral-slide for the kids, a sand volleyball court, and a big grassy field with soccer goals which I'm assuming are for soccer. Here's the website for the club, I'm unsure on costs at this time: http://fallsriverclub.com/

Here's the website for the Falls River community: http://fallsriver.org/

Downsides to the development would be the landfill which I didn't smell at all and is *supposedly* going to be capped in the near future and the North Raleigh traffic which is very busy.

I took a ton of pics of the neighborhood that I'll share in the near future.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:14 AM

3 posts, read 12,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOltmans View Post
Does anyone know anything about the Falls River/Enclave subdivision? Does it have a pool, is it a safe neighborhood, are there nearby restaurants or shopping? Home values good in this area? Any information would be appreciated! Thanks.
Hi Holtmanns! I live right by the Falls River Subdivision. It is a lovely subdivision with several grouped communities in various price ranges. There is a wonderful clubhouse, pool, playgrounds and even a farm stand.

[mod]advertising[/mod]

Old 04-18-2007, 09:26 AM

271 posts, read 1,213,152 times
The Landfill closes in December of this year. I just saw it on the news a few days ago. Will be replaced by the new County Landfill in Holly Springs.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:14 AM

374 posts, read 1,598,130 times
we looked in Falls River and really loved it except that the only 2 homes avail in our price range were either 1) right next to FofN road or 2) right on a ravine where the backyard grass area was literally 2 feet wide. Otherwise we would have loved to have gotten into that neighborhood. We are ending up in Heritage , which we love also.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:19 AM

653 posts, read 2,986,218 times
As pp have mentioned, Falls River is a very desireable neighborhood in the heart of "new" North Raleigh (north of I-540). Close to everything, convenient shopping, restaurants, schools, as well as the rest of the Triangle via 540.
My friends who live there say the landfill can get a little ripe in the summer when the wind blows just right, but only one more summer to go... that hasn't stopped people from moving there, anyway!

Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 AM

578 posts, read 3,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfamilyof4 View Post
we looked in Falls River and really loved it except that the only 2 homes avail in our price range were either 1) right next to FofN road or 2) right on a ravine where the backyard grass area was literally 2 feet wide. Otherwise we would have loved to have gotten into that neighborhood. We are ending up in Heritage , which we love also.
Your two complaints are generally the same I had for virtually every house I've viewed. The lots generally STINK in Raleigh for those reasons. However, the house I found in Falls River, while sloped in the back, is still usable. And it's not by a major road. It's still not the perfect back yard due to the gentle slope and the fact it's only .25 acres but it was still better than 90% of the other lots I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary