Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 PM

484 posts, read 1,583,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I'm not that thrilled with Casalinga's either but my mom and sister love it.

My favorite is Casa Carbone on Glenwood Avenue, same shopping center as The Peddler (one of my fav's for steak). Casa Carbone is in the Oak Park Shopping Center. It has been in Raleigh for longer than I have (over 35 years) and it is owned by an Italian family.

Vicki
I completely agree. I've never been to Casalinga's, but Casa Carbone is absolutely fantastic. When we lived in Raleigh we ate there all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 06:21 AM

718 posts, read 2,972,254 times
Another vote for Daniel's in Apex

Old 08-29-2009, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,726 times
Try Assagio's just off Hwy 70. Sorry - I don't remember the cross road, but I'm sure you can get their address from the phone book or an online listing. They have great garlic rolls and my kids love their pizza slices. I'm partial to their daily dinner specials. enjoy!

Old 08-29-2009, 12:51 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,546,799 times
We like Nina's Ristorante - in Raleigh - Leadmine Rd. near baileywick rd

~:: Nina's Ristorante ::~

excellent food. Often, my hubby and I will go in and just get apps and a glass of wine. and of course split a dessert.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:46 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
We're going to Casalinga tonight for the very first time....hoping it is as good as everyone says it is!

Old 08-29-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
We're going to Casalinga tonight for the very first time....hoping it is as good as everyone says it is!
HATED IT!!
OK, hate is a strong word but this is NOT great Italian food. Their red sauce was awful...tasted like Campbell's tomato soup. Awful bread. Calamari was also lousy - frozen/tasteless. Rings only, no tentacles.

Infairness, I ordered scallops/shrimp over linguini, done in a garlic wine sauce. Pretty decent. Others in our party did not like their meals at all. My entree was $28!! Very overpriced for the quality of food.

Dinner for 4:
each had 1 drink
2 salads
1 order calalmari
4 entrees
= $154. plus tip = 184.
Definitely won't go back.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:49 AM

770 posts, read 2,753,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
HATED IT!!
OK, hate is a strong word but this is NOT great Italian food. Their red sauce was awful...tasted like Campbell's tomato soup. Awful bread. Calamari was also lousy - frozen/tasteless. Rings only, no tentacles.

Infairness, I ordered scallops/shrimp over linguini, done in a garlic wine sauce. Pretty decent. Others in our party did not like their meals at all. My entree was $28!! Very overpriced for the quality of food.

Dinner for 4:
each had 1 drink
2 salads
1 order calalmari
4 entrees
= $154. plus tip = 184.
Definitely won't go back.
I've been with coworkers for lunch a number of times and thought it was ok/good
The dinner menu seemed expensive

Old 08-30-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve54 View Post
I've been with coworkers for lunch a number of times and thought it was ok/good
The dinner menu seemed expensive
I love eggplant and almost ordered eggplant parmesan....should have. It was only about $12-13, but, I would have been so disappointed that it was served with that awful red sauce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary