Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:46 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,220 times

Advertisements

If anyone is looking for something to do, there is the annual Herb Fest in Downtown Wake Forest this weekend.

www.herbfest.net isn't the best website but it has some information. (The committee needs to work on that!)

This year it is supposed to be bigger then ever, with other plants besides herbs available. Also, on Saturday morning, there is also the Farmer's Market as well. Most shops are open on Saturday as well, and there are restaurants and a coffee shop in the area.

I've always found some nice looking herb plants and good advice for my small garden there and it's just friendly sort of event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 04:22 PM

607 posts, read 2,430,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
If anyone is looking for something to do, there is the annual Herb Fest in Downtown Wake Forest this weekend.

www.herbfest.net isn't the best website but it has some information. (The committee needs to work on that!)

This year it is supposed to be bigger then ever, with other plants besides herbs available. Also, on Saturday morning, there is also the Farmer's Market as well. Most shops are open on Saturday as well, and there are restaurants and a coffee shop in the area.

I've always found some nice looking herb plants and good advice for my small garden there and it's just friendly sort of event.
Desdemona;
I am so frustrated. I want to go to that so bad. I love all that kind of stuff, but alas, I am stuck here in CA. It is killing me to think that I should already have my tomatoes in the ground, and I cannot do it until I get there, chances of me making it to NC in time to put in tomatoes is getting slimmer and slimmer.

Have fun tho, and thanks for the information.

Liz

Old 04-20-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
Desdemona;
I am so frustrated. I want to go to that so bad. I love all that kind of stuff, but alas, I am stuck here in CA. It is killing me to think that I should already have my tomatoes in the ground, and I cannot do it until I get there, chances of me making it to NC in time to put in tomatoes is getting slimmer and slimmer.

Have fun tho, and thanks for the information.

Liz
Don't worry....they do it every year! I am going to try and get a few pictures tomorrow.

PS: I don't have tomatoes planted yet either. I normally wait until the end of the month.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Don't worry....they do it every year! I am going to try and get a few pictures tomorrow.

PS: I don't have tomatoes planted yet either. I normally wait until the end of the month.
Well you have a great time, and I will be happy knowing that you are having fun, how is that??
Next year, it is already in my mental calendar. I am not kidding. That kind of festival to me, is like a teenager going to Woodstock!!!!

Old 04-21-2007, 06:10 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Liz, I'll put a tomato plant in the ground for you! I'll even eat the tomatos for you, if you don't get here in time.

Seriously, I'm getting ready to put mine in the ground now, and I'll stick your name on one. How's that?

Old 04-21-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Liz, I'll put a tomato plant in the ground for you! I'll even eat the tomatos for you, if you don't get here in time.

Seriously, I'm getting ready to put mine in the ground now, and I'll stick your name on one. How's that?
I think that is the sweetest thing. I would love it, thanks. Now I KNOW I am a part of NC, I mean I have a tomato plant, right????

Old 04-22-2007, 09:43 AM

How was the Herb Fest???
Was it large??
Did you buy any awesome plants??
Come on, spill!!!

Liz

Old 04-22-2007, 06:29 PM

578 posts, read 3,081,336 times
The title of this festival is VERY misleading!

Old 04-22-2007, 07:30 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastric View Post
The title of this festival is VERY misleading!
Gastric,

Why do you say that?

Jackie

Old 04-22-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
Gastric,

Why do you say that?

Jackie
Someone is trying to make a bad marijuana joke. Not a very funny one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary