Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 01:25 PM

220 posts, read 866,416 times

Advertisements

Random question for anyone in Pittsboro: Do any of you commute to work? We are looking at Potterstone Village in Pittsboro, and were wondering if anyone drove to Durham daily, or to NCSU (downtown Raleigh area). If so, is the drive manageable for you? How is traffic? Also, what do you think of Pittsboro in general, or any thoughts on the specific neighborhood: Potterstone Village.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 07:17 PM

61 posts, read 285,540 times
Potterstone to NC state area is 40 to 45 minutes depending on traffic. I've heard that there is a chicken plant near potterstone that you can smell when the wind is going the right way. I've heard that Chatham Forest doesn't have the chicken plant issue and may be slightly closer to HWY 64. Maybe the chicken plant rumor is not true, but I've heard it straight from resident's mouths.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:48 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,925,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breji View Post
Potterstone to NC state area is 40 to 45 minutes depending on traffic. I've heard that there is a chicken plant near potterstone that you can smell when the wind is going the right way. I've heard that Chatham Forest doesn't have the chicken plant issue and may be slightly closer to HWY 64. Maybe the chicken plant rumor is not true, but I've heard it straight from resident's mouths.
I live in potterstone. Twice in the last two years I've smelled something that I attribute to the chicken plant. I do live on the backside at the furthest point from the plant.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:15 AM

176 posts, read 645,687 times
When I was looking for a house, I looked at Potterstone Village. I really liked the small town vibe in Pittsboro and the neighborhood, too. When it came down to purchasing, we decided to live in North Durham because the commute through Chapel Hill to Duke would've killed my husband. 15/501 gets really backed up, and while you could possibly go up 751, it was still really far. I often have to commute to NCSU, but not every day. I probably wouldn't want to commute from Pittsboro to NCSU every day. I think that anything over 20 minutes reduces quality of life, but that's just me. Some people do the commute to Raleigh and have no problem with it though.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:16 PM

220 posts, read 866,416 times
Thanks everyone. We decided not to go as far out as Pittsboro. We both don't want a long commute, and you're right, quality of life is important (distance-wise for a commute) when you have a family!
We're still looking actually... We think Apex, but there's not a lot on the market now we're that crazy about. Maybe come spring-time... :/

Old 08-12-2009, 01:40 PM

176 posts, read 645,687 times
You may consider southern Durham. There are some neighborhoods near Southpoint (Chancellor's Ridge, Buck's Crossing, Lyon's Farm, Grandale), but you wouldn't have the small town feel of Pittsboro/Apex if that's what you are looking for. It would just be a nice "middle" ground for commuting for both of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary