Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 05:41 PM

33 posts, read 144,867 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about Allstarz Children Academy day care in Morrisville? We're looking for a day care for our first child coming in the spring and heard about this place but don't know much about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 09:16 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,987,071 times
My youngest daughter goes there (she's 4 years old), and my oldest daughter attends the after-school program (and sometimes the track-out programs) at the school-age counterpart -- Kids Zone.

We've been going there since they opened a little over a year ago, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's the third daycare we've experienced, having been with one in NY for four years (Bright Horizons), one here for just under a year (KidsRKids) and now AllStarz.

The teachers are all incredibly nice, professional and well educated. And the facilities are wonderful. Have you taken a tour yet? Please feel free to send me a direct message if you'd like more information.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 PM

4 posts, read 11,673 times
Any updates on the daycare? We are looking to go there.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,696 times
I am writing this review because I have experienced it step by step and cannot emphasize how disgusted I am with how they treated a man with a disability and an auto-immune disorder. After running into trouble with their son going home dehydrated and malnourished, he asked how he could help the situation. They consistently avoided the question and focused on claiming that they are not able to make my fiend happy. I have never heard of anyone being exiled from a daycare situation especially when a child has special needs, but All Starz made sure that they were put in this category. I was worried for my friend when we looked at some of the previous reviews of All Starz. For each complaint, they tried to spin it off in a fashion that painted those parents and children in such a negative light. This is now going to inevitably happen to my friend. After witnessing the owner’s behavior with his unprofessional demeanor and double standards/catch 22’s, I can only imagine how horrible they made those other parents feel too and what All Starz will claim about my friend. Bottom line, All Starz is a business, not a daycare, not a school, a business. They will treat you fine if you and your child are part of the typical cookie-cutter Norman Rockwell type family. If you deter from that at all, you will get the warning “well if this continues, decisions will have to be made.” What they don’t tell you is that it is not a warning at all, the decision was already made, especially if they have another family on the wait list that can easily take your child’s spot. If you have a young boy with any type of energy, stay away. He will be siloed because he does not act like a calm little girl. Any child that may act in any way that is atypical, you will have trouble here, unless you "know" the owners as in the case of another boy who bit, scratched, and punch his son with a toy 8 times in one morning. All Starz is a business, they are about the bottom line, not about the child. Parents, please beware and be careful. Please stay away and don’t be tricked by the fancy done up facility. The class sizes are very large, and your child will not get the attention he or she deserves. You are better off hiring a nanny which will end up being cheaper, more flexible, and customized than trying to work in the rigid confines of All Starz with their substantially hefty bills.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:41 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,032,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned & Angry Parent View Post
I am writing this review because I have experienced it step by step and cannot emphasize how disgusted I am with how they treated a man with a disability and an auto-immune disorder. After running into trouble with their son going home dehydrated and malnourished, he asked how he could help the situation. They consistently avoided the question and focused on claiming that they are not able to make my fiend happy. I have never heard of anyone being exiled from a daycare situation especially when a child has special needs, but All Starz made sure that they were put in this category. I was worried for my friend when we looked at some of the previous reviews of All Starz. For each complaint, they tried to spin it off in a fashion that painted those parents and children in such a negative light. This is now going to inevitably happen to my friend. After witnessing the owner’s behavior with his unprofessional demeanor and double standards/catch 22’s, I can only imagine how horrible they made those other parents feel too and what All Starz will claim about my friend. Bottom line, All Starz is a business, not a daycare, not a school, a business. They will treat you fine if you and your child are part of the typical cookie-cutter Norman Rockwell type family. If you deter from that at all, you will get the warning “well if this continues, decisions will have to be made.” What they don’t tell you is that it is not a warning at all, the decision was already made, especially if they have another family on the wait list that can easily take your child’s spot. If you have a young boy with any type of energy, stay away. He will be siloed because he does not act like a calm little girl. Any child that may act in any way that is atypical, you will have trouble here, unless you "know" the owners as in the case of another boy who bit, scratched, and punch his son with a toy 8 times in one morning. All Starz is a business, they are about the bottom line, not about the child. Parents, please beware and be careful. Please stay away and don’t be tricked by the fancy done up facility. The class sizes are very large, and your child will not get the attention he or she deserves. You are better off hiring a nanny which will end up being cheaper, more flexible, and customized than trying to work in the rigid confines of All Starz with their substantially hefty bills.
No the question is why is your friend putting a special needs child in a commercial daycare expecting professional results?

Old 05-10-2021, 11:21 AM

507 posts, read 277,850 times
It's pretty good except they can't control virus spreading among kids. My daughter got infected and diagnosed pneumonia once. I was very nervous as a new parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary