Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 05:10 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,951,551 times

Advertisements

They don't like big stinky cigars either

I remember the day when the Parks and Recreation would send the "mosquito trucks" out on summer nights to all the ball fields for a heavy dusting of repellent....or poison Folks just sat there in that cloud of smoke and took it all in. Kids ran behind the truck and played in the heavy cloud coming out the rear. I wonder what that stuff was anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 AM

257 posts, read 1,015,734 times
PogglyWoggly, back in the 50s, that "stuff" was DDT!! Maybe it was the late 40s.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:42 AM

257 posts, read 1,015,734 times
a fan, definitely. the mostquitoes can't fly as fast as the fan current.
also, i've heard carrying a dryer sheet (the kind you put in your dryer to prevent static cling) will work, or maybe rubbing yourself with it!

Old 11-05-2009, 07:23 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,591,677 times
I have already done your research for you when it comes to repelling mosquitoes. I have tried a lot of stuff and none seemed to be effective. I checked on a landscaping professional message board to see what those guys were using since I know a lot of landscapers also provide mosquito control. They all suggested Mosquito Barrier. They all said their customers were extremely happy with the results. I bought a quart of the stuff, mixed and sprayed it according to the directions in the middle of this past summer and I will say from experience the stuff is amazing. The good thing about it is it's just a super concentrated garlic formula so there isn't any chemicals to be concerned about. I just sprayed it once a month around my yard and have not seen a mosquito since!

Mosquito Repellent | Tick Repellent | Natural Mosquito Control by Mosquito Barrier

Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,951,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinJudy View Post
PogglyWoggly, back in the 50s, that "stuff" was DDT!! Maybe it was the late 40s.
Thanks...it was in the late 50's and 60's. I did survive it, but I have to admit that I'm a little rough around the edges
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary