Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 12:40 PM

346 posts, read 613,142 times

Advertisements

Just tried 2 locations and they both sucked...their ATMs are hard to access from your car then they wont take my card...then once i finally found a Wachovia ATM that took the card it doesn't give you a printed reciept of your account balances...it just shows it on a screen...On top of that they want $8 if you want to order checks which they say are only for paying bills and not to be used in stores??? I am not happy with the services they "provide"... Vent off...I was thinking of going to NCSECU...but I'm not a state employee...could I still join? Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 01:24 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
I don't have any issues with Wachovia's ATMs. I really like the new touch screen /envelope-less models they've been rolling out.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:25 PM

871 posts, read 3,018,595 times
Wells Fargo is in the process of taking over.....the ATM I use weekly here in Cary was changed out a couple weeks ago and I had to relearn the whole thing. Some changes suck, some will be acceptable.

I joined NCSECU when I was a state employee. Now I'm a member but ironically don't use them for much. Coastal FCU has been discussed on here a lot and we are members there too. They have a very good overall rep.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:25 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Walkalloverya has really slipped in the past 5 years or so.

I could elaborate, but.. suffice to say I agree with you. They are much worse than BofA, and BofA is no paragon of service.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:29 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
You do have to be a state employee (or a family member of one) to join SECU.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:31 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheelMan View Post
JOn top of that they want $8 if you want to order checks which they say are only for paying bills and not to be used in stores??? I am not happy with the services they "provide"...
What are these checks that are only to be used for paying bills?

Old 12-21-2009, 01:31 PM

113 posts, read 727,729 times
I personally love the new ATMs. When doing deposits, I don't have to total up my checks and I get their images printed on my receipt. Very cool. I order all of my checks from a third party anyway, checks straight from the bank always cost more.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:33 PM

I've been reading other threads about banking options around here...Whackoffofyou was really my last choice...but they have locations close to where I live so I thought they'd be convienient...but now I know they're not... I do believe in local banks so if I cant get into NCSECU then perhaps I'll go to Capital Bank...I have read they dont charge fees for any ATMs...but does that mean theses "other" ATMs wont charge their own fees?

Old 12-21-2009, 01:35 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
I feel like I have been living under a rock. I haven't noticed anything new about the Wachovia ATMs I use in North Raleigh and I have been with Wachovia for over 10 years!

Old 12-21-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
You do have to be a state employee (or a family member of one) to join SECU.
Oki I thought perhaps non state employees could join by paying a fee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielChang View Post
What are these checks that are only to be used for paying bills?
Supposed to be regular checks from my checking account...you know what you'd normally write checks for...I get the idea they want you to use the debit card as a form of check writing when going to stores
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary