Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2007, 07:28 PM

82 posts, read 272,122 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone. I am coming down in a few weeks to scope out the area again. I will be moving there shortly from Long Island. I will have my car for my next visit and plan on checking out Cary + Apex mostly. I hsve only been there once and loved what little of it I saw. I will have 4 days to just drive around at my own pace and really take it all in. Can anyone reccomend any "must see" parts of apex or Cary. I know vet little about the area so all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for anything you might think is interesting (street names, Shopping centers, Districts, Downtowns) It is hard to explore an area by car that you are not familiar with without missing something. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 07:30 PM

4 posts, read 29,281 times
Please visit my website at MODERATOR CUT. There are lots of links that you will find helpful for the area. MODERATOR CUT

Last edited by Bull City Rising; 05-21-2007 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: Realtor solicitation

Old 05-21-2007, 07:52 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times
Cary has a small downtown area, but it is worth the time to stop and actually get out and walk around! Blue Moon bakery is quite tasty and there are some other places to eat and shops to walk around and look at. Bond park in cary is off of cary parkway, and it is quite a nice park, good walking trails and a nice area.

Cary towne center mall isn't anything to write home about, but southpointe in durham and triangle town center in north raleigh are much more updated malls and are good for shopping!

For me, I would suggest going to the museum of art on blue ridge road in raleigh, walking around 9th street in durham and walking through duke gardens and the university there as well.........

just to name a few. I never really went to downtown apex when I lived there, so I don't know what it is like now!

Leigh

Old 05-21-2007, 09:02 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,695,305 times
Honestly, I can't think of anything in Cary as a possible "must see". There are a lot of nice places, but it is a very young town with out much that would be considered a "must see". Not that I know everything about Cary, but that's because there was never really much to know when I was growing up in this area. My family moved to the Triangle in 1982, and I think the population of Cary was about 4,000, and Apex was probably smaller.

There is a small downtown area, but everything else is very new, and you can find it just about anywhere. For "must sees", try some of the more historic places in the Triangle. www.visitnc.com for more suggestions

Old 05-21-2007, 09:07 PM

306 posts, read 1,136,723 times
I think the only 'must see's in Cary are other Long Islanders

Old 05-22-2007, 09:00 AM

82 posts, read 272,122 times
Thanks everyone. I guess I'm just gonna have to drive around and check out as much as I can. I just don't want to miss anything. It's hard to know where the "main strip" of a town is when you are unfamiliar with the area. Does anyone Know where I can get a good map of the triangle area?

Old 05-22-2007, 10:30 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,695,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpaws02 View Post
Thanks everyone. I guess I'm just gonna have to drive around and check out as much as I can. I just don't want to miss anything. It's hard to know where the "main strip" of a town is when you are unfamiliar with the area. Does anyone Know where I can get a good map of the triangle area?
Any of the town's chambers of commerce will have tons of free maps and info on things to do and see. Here's an online link to some info for Cary:
http://www.visitraleigh.com/coc/cary.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary