Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:18 PM

4 posts, read 30,037 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of relocating to the Raleigh area. I've been looking at apartment complexes around the area, however some of them do not allow the aggressive dog breeds. Is this a definite? This is very disappointing because i well i love my dog. He is very well behaved chow mix although does bark sometimes at a knock on the door. I was wondering how serious most complex owners are about this? Would i have better luck renting a house with a couple of roomates? Do some owners take dogs on a case by case basis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 04:51 PM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,343,677 times
Is he mixed with lab? Then you could say he was a lab-mix? A lot of people don't even recognize a chow. They probably can tell "pit bull"/GSD/doberman/rottie and that's it.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I hope someone can help you. Looking for a house might be best.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:56 PM

69 posts, read 172,701 times
If you are looking in Chapel Hill look at Bolinwood condos. They were very pet friendly when I lived there, just required a $200 pet deposit and no breed restrictions then. It was one of the best values in the area as well.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:32 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,984,771 times
Their insurance won't let them be allowed. Maybe a single family home for rent would be more flexible. Even get a fenced yard in the bargain. But, many property management companies that handle single family homes have those rules too. A private owner/landlord would best.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:50 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
I have recently discovered that in some of the newer neighborhoods, the convants are saying "no pit bulls, rotweillers or dobermans".

I'm not sure how this can be enforced.

Vicki

Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaenllny View Post
Hey everyone, I'm thinking of relocating to the Raleigh area. I've been looking at apartment complexes around the area, however some of them do not allow the aggressive dog breeds. Is this a definite? This is very disappointing because i well i love my dog. He is very well behaved chow mix although does bark sometimes at a knock on the door. I was wondering how serious most complex owners are about this? Would i have better luck renting a house with a couple of roomates? Do some owners take dogs on a case by case basis?
Remember what I had to with my rottweiler. Oh hows not a rott he's a lab mix!

Thats not a chow its a Lab Mix . Please trust me here

Old 02-08-2010, 06:19 PM

513 posts, read 1,605,085 times
My doberman goes with me everywhere

We stayed at Alexan Panther Creek in Cary and they were ok with my dog. When in doubt, just lie about the breed. Make it up.

My dog is a Weimaramer!

Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,343,677 times
LOL, if you told me a doberman was a Weimaramer I think I would look at you funny. But I wouldn't report you or your precious doggie.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:18 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,336,790 times
If you're going to lie about your dog, you should know how to spell the breed you're trying to pass it off as, i.e., Weimaraner.

My opinion is that lying is never the best policy. Find a place that legitimately will accept your dog. Property owners are usually trying to comply with insurance policy requirements.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 PM

99 posts, read 307,233 times
I live at Alexan Panther creek and one of my neighbors had a chow. They got her as a puppy so I don't know if that made a difference. A white ball of fluff looks cute and harmless, you know. Also, I don't remember there being anything about breed restrictions when I signed my lease (and it's not on the lease I renewed...I just checked).

I'm okay with whatever kind of dog people have as long at its well-behaved and owners pick up the poop!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary