Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:50 PM

13 posts, read 27,783 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker for some time, but now I'm coming out from the shadows to ask for your help. I love my small beach house on long island, but I plan to relocate because I can't afford Long Island on a single income. What I'm looking for is a modest, affordable, craftsman style home. My children are all grown, so I don't need a great deal of space and schools are not a concern. I'm not particularly concerned about living on the outskirts of Raleigh, but I would like to be reasonably close to a cozy town.

I can't wait to hear your suggestions...I'd make a great neighbor!

Thanks,

Sue

Old 06-01-2007, 06:57 PM

460 posts, read 2,422,242 times
Sue come on down and visit. Call a realtor and I know a great one who is from the area and who would be glad to pick you up at the airport and show you around. There is so much diversity in housing in the triangle I just know you cna find something you love.
Hollar back at me in IM and I will give you her name.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:40 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,621,918 times
Scotts Mill in Apex has a lot of really cute bungalow/craftsman style homes. I'm sure there are similar developments in other areas.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:05 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueFromLI View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker for some time, but now I'm coming out from the shadows to ask for your help. I love my small beach house on long island, but I plan to relocate because I can't afford Long Island on a single income. What I'm looking for is a modest, affordable, craftsman style home. My children are all grown, so I don't need a great deal of space and schools are not a concern. I'm not particularly concerned about living on the outskirts of Raleigh, but I would like to be reasonably close to a cozy town.

Thanks,

Sue
Sue,
There are bungalows in Raleigh; Mordecai and Boylan Heights come to mind immediately.

There are some of them around, scattered.
Your target price and condition of the home will help determine what you get. New or old?
You might also consider Durham, if you would like an older bungalow.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:31 PM

13 posts, read 27,783 times
Thank you for your suggestions...

As for the houses within the Belt line, I think they are a bit out of my price range. Ideally, I would like to find something under 200k. I wouldn't mind an older home, as long as it didn't require tlc - I just don't have the energy for a handyman special!

Thanks again!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:41 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueFromLI View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Sue
There is a cute one that just came up for sale on South Main in Wake Forest....it's near the Stone Chapel.

REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail (http://homes.realtor.com/prop/1081077630 - broken link)

Old 06-02-2007, 07:01 PM

478 posts, read 2,046,070 times
Wow, I love that home. Thank you for posting the link!

Love bungalows. Reminds me of Rockridge and Berkeley in CA.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:03 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
There is a cute one that just came up for sale on South Main in Wake Forest....it's near the Stone Chapel.

REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail (http://homes.realtor.com/prop/1081077630 - broken link)
Unfortunately this house is under contract, specifically active but accepting back up offers! I looked it up today because I think it is so cute and a great location!

Leigh

Old 06-02-2007, 07:05 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
Unfortunately this house is under contract, specifically active but accepting back up offers! I looked it up today because I think it is so cute and a great location!

Leigh
I figured that one wouldn't stay on the market for long. And affordable older home in Wake Forest....yeah...it's gonna go fast.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:00 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,274 times
I was going to suggest Scott's Mill in Apex, too. Those are adorable!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary