Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:45 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,818,101 times

Advertisements

You should decide on your business before moving here, not the other way around!

Personally, I wish there was a Biscuitville closer than Wake Forest Rd--but my waistline is happy there isn't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 07:52 PM

3,305 posts, read 8,557,879 times
All of these replies sound interesting and possibly needed, but I would also throw my recommendation towards a friendly's. I really think it would do well in this area. I have seen them as far south as the Richmond area.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 PM

3 posts, read 4,767 times
Churchs chicken in North Raleigh/Garner

Old 04-05-2010, 11:03 PM

132 posts, read 430,084 times
Becky!!! I agree! Dave and Busters totally!

The pizza here is horrible at best. If you can make great Italian pizza, OMG! Gosh... what I would do for a Lombardi'spizza or Nathans hot dog. Additionally, I ate at a place in Pittsburgh called Joe's Crab shack, that would be awesome here.

Why do you want to leave Northern VA? I have been trying to get my company to transfer me to the Arlington office since I moved here.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:10 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,172 times
A Wawa convenience store...it's soooooooo much better than Sheetz. Although, I don't think Wawa corporate is interested in moving further south beyond Petersburg.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:28 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,091,761 times
I think it's smarter to move down and get to know a community before opening a business. That's different than the very good "Get a job before you move" advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
You should decide on your business before moving here, not the other way around!

Personally, I wish there was a Biscuitville closer than Wake Forest Rd--but my waistline is happy there isn't!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:41 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBGirl View Post
Becky!!! I agree! Dave and Busters totally!

The pizza here is horrible at best. If you can make great Italian pizza, OMG! Gosh... what I would do for a Lombardi'spizza or Nathans hot dog. Additionally, I ate at a place in Pittsburgh called Joe's Crab shack, that would be awesome here.

Why do you want to leave Northern VA? I have been trying to get my company to transfer me to the Arlington office since I moved here.
We had a Joe's Crab Shack in CH and it went under. Interesting since every time I went, there was at least an hour wait! I think the closest one now is at Myrtle Beach.

There is a Nathan's Hot Dog place in the mall in Charlotte. I think one at Crabtree would do well!

What is a "Dave and Busters"???

Vicki

Old 04-06-2010, 07:45 AM

16 posts, read 31,447 times
These are all great options. We are set with a job, just looking to expand. We are leaving Northern Virginia because we have five kids and would like a little bit slower pace. We do know Raleigh pretty well. This is the third time in the past 10 years that we have looked at the area. We are excited that the doors have finally opened and that we are able to be there. We will look into a Friendlys, Nathans and Dave and Busters. I dont know too much about Wake Forest, maybe we need to take another trip down before July.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:48 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,091,761 times
Dave & Buster's Restaurant, Bar and Arcade for Family Fun, Parties, Meetings and More!

It's a restaurant, pool hall, and arcade.

There was once a place in downtown Raleigh that was a restaurant, pool hall, and arcade. Didn't promote itself as a family place, though. A family-themed place might work in North Raleigh or Cary.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,172 times
The problem with putting a Dave and Busters or any arcade themed establishment is the class of people that show up. I know Adventure Landing off Capital is an absolute nightmare after 5 or 6 at night. And every time I've gone, there's been police patrolling and even "guarding" the entrance. Granted, it's great that kids have a place out in the open to hang out instead being in places they shouldn't be...but it's far from being family friendly. All that really means is that location is very important...and making it a safe, fun environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary