Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 04:28 AM

4 posts, read 11,897 times

Advertisements

I haven't even gotten an eye doctor here yet, and my daughter used my sons eyeglasses and lost them! Where do I go for a great price on getting glasses replaced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 04:55 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,079,589 times
My wife has been pleased with eyeglasses from the warehouse clubs. We use BJs but the other clubs have a similar service.

Frank

Old 05-25-2010, 04:58 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Sears is currently offering 2 pairs of same prescription single vision glasses for $99.00.
Might be dorky frames....

I have used them before and thought they did OK.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:08 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
I bought a beautiful pair for $15 for my grandson (lens and frames included) at ZenniOptical.com. At that price, you can purchase two. You have to input all the info properly on their online form; you should recheck it about 10 times. You have 24 hours to change it if you made a mistake.

We go the eye doctor next to Costco's for $70 for eye exams.

You might want to call ZenniOptical and ask them for help when you order for your son. They were great in giving me direction in finding the right frame for a 10-year-old. They talked me out of a $30 lightweight pair that would not have held up and into a $15 sturdier pair.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:25 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post
My wife has been pleased with eyeglasses from the warehouse clubs. We use BJs but the other clubs have a similar service.

Frank

Do you know if they do a good job with progressive lenses? And do they take insurance?

Old 05-25-2010, 01:41 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,079,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
Do you know if they do a good job with progressive lenses? And do they take insurance?

Not sure about insurance, we filed ourselves.

My wife has new progressive regular glasses and progressive sunglasses (we had FRP dollars left last year) from BJs . She's very happy with both. Both sets of glasses, designer frames, coatings, etc came to about $370.
She also has a pair of eye doctor supplied progressive glasses. They are sharper in the sweet spot, but the BJs glasses are better overall. The eye doc version were over $500 for one pair.

If frames are important to you, the selection does seem to vary a bit among stores. Eve was the Optician at the Plantation Drive store and was great to work with.

Frank

Old 05-25-2010, 02:09 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,744 times
I lost my glasses on a recent trip. I paid a lot for them. I ordered replacement glasses off of Zennioptical.com for $17.90 total. They shipped today. I'll let you know what I think when I get them in a few days.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:02 PM

40 posts, read 148,557 times
Default BJs

I went to BJs recently. They had better selection & price than Sam's and since my ophthalmologist wasnt sure if i needed glasses i did not want to pay $500! They have plastic lenses.. just so you know. And, as of last week were offering glasses (frame+lens) for ~$100. I tried them for ~2 wks before giving it back to them 'cos 1 lens at minor scratch that I noticed after coming home. I have to still pick them up agian but its not a big deal for me 'cos I may not even need them.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,792 times
Get your eye exam at Costco, but your eyeglasses at the Lenscrafters on Lake Mead West & Tenaya. Exam was $60 then glasses were $200 (no line bi-focal lenses). Any optometrist will give you your prescription for eyeglasses that you can take anywhere. I did not have insurance and paid cash. The Lenscrafters on lake Mead did a "special deal" - make sure to ask!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:32 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
I spent less than $150 for 3 pairs of progressive (tri-focal) glasses at zennioptical. If you don't need progressive lenses, you could get up to 20 pairs of their least expensive prescription glasses. Or you could go hogwild and buy 4 pairs of their most expensive glasses (about $46 each) and still have money left over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVick View Post
Get your eye exam at Costco, but your eyeglasses at the Lenscrafters on Lake Mead West & Tenaya. Exam was $60 then glasses were $200 (no line bi-focal lenses). Any optometrist will give you your prescription for eyeglasses that you can take anywhere. I did not have insurance and paid cash. The Lenscrafters on lake Mead did a "special deal" - make sure to ask!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary