Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 AM

81 posts, read 249,390 times

Advertisements

Hi All, Moving next summer (2008) to either Apex or Holly Springs. I have done all possible research on the high schools that are my "finalists." While little info is available on Holly Springs HS because it is new, Apex HS research seems to be very positive. A recent thread on Middle Creek HS was startling (fights, drugs, etc). I am not naive and realize drugs are an issue everywhere, however the fighting comments worried me. Can anyone with knowledge of Apex HS especially, or Holly Springs HS please share that info? Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 06:47 AM

709 posts, read 935,274 times
I would say all three high schools are equal. Now Holly springs is the new school just opened this year with 9th and 10th grades adding the 11th grade this year and in 08 the 12th grade. They are mirror images of the southeastern part of the county. Apex is the oldest school, middlecreek opened in 2000. I would have no problem having any child of mine go to any of these schools. Find the house you like .

Old 07-06-2007, 08:03 AM

225 posts, read 954,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howds View Post
Hi All, Moving next summer (2008) to either Apex or Holly Springs. I have done all possible research on the high schools that are my "finalists." While little info is available on Holly Springs HS because it is new, Apex HS research seems to be very positive. A recent thread on Middle Creek HS was startling (fights, drugs, etc). I am not naive and realize drugs are an issue everywhere, however the fighting comments worried me. Can anyone with knowledge of Apex HS especially, or Holly Springs HS please share that info? Thanks!!!

I've been happy with Apex so far (granted my son has only been in since Jan.'07)...but, dealing closely with the admin. & his teachers (he has an iep) I've been impressed with their dedication to the school & kids. My son did not mention anything about fights/drugs, etc...to me anyways .
My other son went to Panther Creek HS(new fall '06--only 9th & 10th graders) and he talked more about problems with fights/drugs--maybe since it's a new school kids are seeing what they can get away with but, I'm know both schools are on top of any problems.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:23 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,926,227 times
My sister goes to Apex HS. She was redistricted to Holly Springs this year but was able to get a waiver to stay in Apex. My other sister will have to go to Holly Springs when she starts though (she's still in Apex Middle for now). Anyway, my sister really wanted to stay at Apex and not go to Holly Springs partly because the school is so new that it wouldn't have established extra-curriculars. She is really into marching band and Apex has a good band program whereas she didn't know what they would be able to have at Holly Springs. Without upper-classmen, she also worried that the quality of the extra-curricular programs would be sub-par because usually the more experienced seniors are section leaders or editors or presidents of the clubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary