Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 05:59 PM

31 posts, read 117,661 times

Advertisements

We are contemplating a move to Franklin County, NC sometime this summer. Can anyone give us an idea of utility costs there? We are a retired couple and will have a house with between 2000 and 2500 s/f. I've tried finding information on the internet to no avail!
Thanks to anyone who may help!!
Pat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 06:02 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,688,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino View Post
We are contemplating a move to Franklin County, NC sometime this summer. Can anyone give us an idea of utility costs there? We are a retired couple and will have a house with between 2000 and 2500 s/f. I've tried finding information on the internet to no avail!
Pat
Which town are you considering? It depends on which town you are planning to live in within Franklin County. Each town does not always have the same utilities.
And I won't complicate it more by saying within each town they could have different utilites,

Old 06-17-2007, 06:32 PM

Probably Youngsville!

Old 06-17-2007, 07:06 PM

560 posts, read 2,849,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino View Post
Pat
We live in Youngsville and have the following utilities:

Wake Electric Coop = Only got a bill for $39 which was for two weeks and we weren't living in the house yet.
Franklin County Water = Haven't gotten a bill yet.
Diversified Energy (Propane) = only got the bill for initial hook up and first tank which was $550.
Embarq (Phone/DSL) = $90/month
DirecTV = $110/month for all channels

I will update this post in a month or two when all of our bills have come in.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-18-2007, 05:05 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmeca11 View Post
We live in Youngsville and have the following utilities:

Wake Electric Coop = Only got a bill for $39 which was for two weeks and we weren't living in the house yet.
Franklin County Water = Haven't gotten a bill yet.
Diversified Energy (Propane) = only got the bill for initial hook up and first tank which was $550.
Embarq (Phone/DSL) = $90/month
DirecTV = $110/month for all channels

I will update this post in a month or two when all of our bills have come in.

Hope this helps!

We're in the same town.
Wake Electric Coop is reasonable. In the height of summer last year we had a bill for $170 or so.
Franklin County water doesn't apply to us. we have a well.
Propane - We got rid of Diversified (previous owner's supplier) as quickly as we could. It's said to be the most expensive of all of them. PM me if you want to know what company we are using (we're very happy with them).
Embarq (we have Phone/DSL/Dish all in one, the middle package) around $160/mo

Old 06-18-2007, 09:43 PM

Yes, this is a help. I'll be interested in finding your monthly totals. Thanks so much for sharing this information. There are so many unknowns when moving to a new state!
Pat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary