Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:12 AM

955 posts, read 3,648,894 times

Advertisements

I really prefer the outdoor mall set up - LOVED them in Denver and the weather was very similar -

I like being able to go into the store I want to visit, rather then having to park at the mall and wind my way to that store....

Like Danny said, I think the next phases will add some wind protection, but I personally love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 08:54 AM

56 posts, read 151,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post

Jeremy, I was meaning to ask you-- I heard from the manager at Jimmy John's that they are planning on opening two more shops here in Rapid City. One on Haines Avenue in the new Quatros Vistas Park and one at The Crossing. Is there a way you could look into that???
You bet I can. I talked to the real estate person in charge of Quatro Vistas, and she said she had a few takers already for the open spots. It would seem like just the right kind of place for a Jimmy John's.

I wonder if Jimmy Johns would go in the little store spot just to the right of TJ Maxx? I'll have to find out. Thanks for the tip, Danny!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:10 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,717,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusySocialWorker View Post
I really prefer the outdoor mall set up - LOVED them in Denver and the weather was very similar -

I like being able to go into the store I want to visit, rather then having to park at the mall and wind my way to that store....

Like Danny said, I think the next phases will add some wind protection, but I personally love it!
Busy, my absolute favorite mall is Flatiron Crossing! I like how it is an indoor and an outdoor mall. Plus the scenery around it is beautiful. I'm going down to Boulder this weekend and I'm so glad I'll be able to ake it to Flatirons!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:15 AM

955 posts, read 3,648,894 times
Danny ME TOO - MY TOTAL favorite mall ever!! Im jealous... shop for me too and eat some good food while your in town!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:27 PM

56 posts, read 151,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Jeremy, I was meaning to ask you-- I heard from the manager at Jimmy John's that they are planning on opening two more shops here in Rapid City. One on Haines Avenue in the new Quatros Vistas Park and one at The Crossing. Is there a way you could look into that???
Danny -- I've got confirmation of only a new Haines Avenue location, and it's not in Cuatro Vistas.

The new Jimmy John's should open in May (keep your fingers crossed, based on the delays, I guess) and will go in a yet-to-be-built building between Runnings and Loaf 'n' Jug. No confirmation of a Rushmore Crossing location.

Again, thanks for the tip! It'll be in the Journal tomorrow...

Old 11-02-2008, 02:41 AM

29 posts, read 120,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag95 View Post
Does anyone know when Michael's will be opening?
I noticed a sign in their window today (11/1)-- if I remember correctly, I *think* it indicated February--which I found surprising. When I looked into the store it looked like most of the construction was complete, but empty. I hope this is helpful.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:01 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,925,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyf-rcj View Post
You bet I can. I talked to the real estate person in charge of Quatro Vistas, and she said she had a few takers already for the open spots. It would seem like just the right kind of place for a Jimmy John's.

I wonder if Jimmy Johns would go in the little store spot just to the right of TJ Maxx? I'll have to find out. Thanks for the tip, Danny!
You will be happy with a Jimmy Johns. I just had a sandwich from the one in Sioux Falls today and the sandwich was um um good. Sioux Falls has three of them (one in the north part of town not too far from the credit card places, one on Minnesota Ave. and a third one on 57th and Louise). My brother has stopped at Jimmy Johns when in was in Des Moines and now when he makes his quick trips to Ft. Collins and Denver metro (from Cheyenne).

Jimmy Johns is reasonable, tasty, and has a unique atsmosphere for a sandwich shop.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:33 PM

464 posts, read 1,355,795 times
We already have Jimmy Johns, Chris. We're just getting more of them. I actually have never tried one tho. Ardsley is right, the sign says Feb 1st. I drove by there today.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:58 PM

I like all of Jimmy John's sandwiches but I wish they had soup too. I really like soup with my sandwich! I go to the one in Baken Park for lunch frequently.

Yeah Chris, we've had a Jimmy Johns for years now.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusySocialWorker View Post
Danny ME TOO - MY TOTAL favorite mall ever!! Im jealous... shop for me too and eat some good food while your in town!
Hey Busy, I went to Flatirons this weekend and I was a little disappointed to see that some of the stores had moved out. There used to be an April Cornell, Foley's, and a Harry & David and now they're gone. They've also had to reconstruct parts of the mall because it is SINKING!

Park Meadows was a lot nicer and they're adding outdoor shopping too. I did eat at Attica Roma's on Pearl Street in Boulder and PF Chang's on 15th Street. I always hit up a PF's in a bigger city. Thought of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City