Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 10:38 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Yes, Brandon, you are absolutely correct! Some outstanding people in the biz, such as you appear to be, take advantage of the "brand" which allows them to achieve success so much easier than working with a "brand" which is still more of a limiter than an enabler.

Like the fellow selling freezers to Eskimo's, some will succeed inspite of themselves, but for me, I need what the balloon offers to make my success so much easier.

Bottom line, successful people will succeed no matter the obstacles...
As for me, I get better training and more opportunities with ERA. However, I could go work for any company anywhere and be successful. I chose ERA because they really do have the best tools and training. Tom, you keep talking about the balloon training but I don't know a singe agent who started brand new as a balloon agent and has had a successful career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 07:33 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
As for me, I get better training and more opportunities with ERA. However, I could go work for any company anywhere and be successful. I chose ERA because they really do have the best tools and training. Tom, you keep talking about the balloon training but I don't know a singe agent who started brand new as a balloon agent and has had a successful career.
Oh? I can introduce you to several here in Louisville. One super-pro in my own office. Why don't you check with Brian Buffini of Buffini & Company? Ask him why agents with RE/MAX who take his "100 Days to Greatness" sell on average one more house in the same period as those in other offices?

I agree, ideally the typical rookie needs to check out several brokers, but just like the lady who starts with us tomorrow, the exceptional business minded rookie, should consider the cost of locating with a firm other than RE/MAX. Show me a business minded rookie, not the typical "I can get into real estate cheaply" with just culture and promises, and RE/MAX training will give that rookie a fantastic chance for success.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:25 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Did Buffini actually start with Re/Max? Can you prove that claim that of all the agents that go through "100 days to greatness" that are Re/max get more results or is that another baseless claim fed to you? I'm pretty sick of this thread and your constant thread hijacking in general, so I won't be replying to any more of your posts on this one. If you ever get tired of your recruiting pitches we'd actually welcome your input on some of the other threads as you a knowledge about real estate.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:16 AM

Brandon, I don't understand your painful verbiage. Again stop and think about it, you call it recruiting when I have no possible gain to be recruiting. Yes, Buffini's story does not include a start at RE/MAX, that was not my point whatsoever. I'll let him tell his own story, however, he often quotes the numbers his 40000 plus students have proven. He did make his "big break" after joining RE/MAX according to his auto-biography.

The point once again, according to Buffini, RE/MAX agents sell one deal more than his students of other firms during the 100 Days to Greatness period.

Oh, yeah, nothing I have written on this forum, in this sub-forum, or on this particular post is baseless. I don't approve of you calling me less than honest, especially when your own reluctance for the truth prevents you from researching the points that I have made.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:27 AM

217 posts, read 445,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
you call it recruiting when I have no possible gain to be recruiting.
Then what exactly is your motivation?

I got sucked into the ReMax vs KW debate in this thread because personally I have been very offended at your constant disparaging of KW. It started when I was doing a Google search for something related to KW and the following item appeared in the search results.
//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...s-vs-kw-c.html

I was not even in CD at the time - this was a public search result on Google accessible to the general public.

Luckily, I thought you had been put in your place with the following post, //www.city-data.com/forum/13513398-post31.html, but then I come into a thread titled "Keller Williams" and I find you continuing your disparaging remarks.

KW is far from perfect just like EVERY brand, but there are thousands of agents associated with it and when you continue to disparage the 'brand' you are also disparaging the agents who chose to associate with that brand.

I am kindly asking you to re-read this post //www.city-data.com/forum/13513398-post31.html

Old 08-09-2010, 10:37 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
It's kind of like comparing colleges. Mine is better then yours.

Hook Em Horns

Old 08-09-2010, 10:43 AM

43,294 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Hook Em Horns
"You must spread some Reputation around....."

Old 08-09-2010, 10:50 AM

217 posts, read 445,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Hook Em Horns
Except that there isn't a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice that prohibits disparaging other colleges in a public forum. Other than that, you are correct.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:13 PM

50 posts, read 94,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"You must spread some Reputation around....."

Mike, I did it for you.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAbdella View Post
Then what exactly is your motivation?
My motivation is to accurately advise people who ask for information. I believe and practice full disclosure in my recruiting and my business operations. It's not bragged about, nor is it hypocritically used as a tool. It's just simply a matter of true integrity.

Now, some people may claim otherwise, but I am very careful to write only that which I can substansiate. There have been many studies by highly regarded business theorists which I have quoted, as well as KW contracts, and marketing materials.

I have also used economic law (it's almost as precise as physical law) and good business practices to show the inconsistancies of those proporting the KW model business plan.

I have no other motive but to see people achieve success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals