Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 02:38 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,315,331 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I am any kind of description you might wish to tag me with. Yes, I believe in the overall greatness of RE/MAX as the best real estate franchise to associate with. Yes, I'll argue that point endlessly, but I never ever want anyone to feel disparaged by my words. Sadly, a few people, maybe more feel that I do disparage people with my words. I regret that anyone would ever feel belittled by the facts or the manner in which I present them.

Attached are two very interesting charts from the Triangle region of North Carolina.

NC-Triangle pg 2.pdf

NC-Triangle.pdf

While any one can show example after example of why RE/MAX isn't the best, I compare it to showing all the times that Tiger Woods wasn't the best on a particular weekend, but who amongst us would doubt that he's not one of the best all times golfers, even the best.

Tiger has also shown his falibility in 2010. If RE/MAX doesn't keep itself at the tip top of the real estate game, they too will falter.

Again, please forgive me if I have ever offended you with my direct style of presenting facts. I only seek and desire that people have the whole truth available when they make decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 PM

217 posts, read 445,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Ok, so I am any kind of description you might wish to tag me with. Yes, I believe in the overall greatness of RE/MAX as the best real estate franchise to associate with. Yes, I'll argue that point endlessly, but I never ever want anyone to feel disparaged by my words. Sadly, a few people, maybe more feel that I do disparage people with my words. I regret that anyone would ever feel belittled by the facts or the manner in which I present them.

Attached are two very interesting charts from the Triangle region of North Carolina.

Attachment 66768

Attachment 66769

While any one can show example after example of why RE/MAX isn't the best, I compare it to showing all the times that Tiger Woods wasn't the best on a particular weekend, but who amongst us would doubt that he's not one of the best all times golfers, even the best.

Tiger has also shown his falibility in 2010. If RE/MAX doesn't keep itself at the tip top of the real estate game, they too will falter.

Again, please forgive me if I have ever offended you with my direct style of presenting facts. I only seek and desire that people have the whole truth available when they make decisions.
Hmmm, I wonder why you picked the Triangle when you are in Kentucky... . I must have REALLY gotten under your skin.

Pretty charts, and I hate to burst your misleading balloon again, but there is no way you understand the data that you posted. Let me help you understand what you posted.

Your charts show that ReMax One Realty is far and away the leader in units per producing agent – which I do not doubt for one second. What it doesn’t show is that that office has 2 HUGE, MEGA agents in it with huge teams that account for 73% of all the production in the office. (Those 2 agents have 282 closed transactions so far this year out of a total of 387 total transactions for the office which = 73%. Your chart showed a total of 384 transactions but they probably closed 3 more in the time it took me to respond). One of the agents is the #3 ReMax agent in the country – she is an awesome producer with an awesome team!

You can skew data anyway you want to – you can take the same data that you posted and say that either KW office did 101 transactions more than ReMax One, or that HPW must be the best because they closed more transactions than anyone else, or that PYSU is the best because they closed the most volume, …

Like I have said before "ReMax is obviously a very successful company and has a lot to offer – so there must be another problem that you are running into."

I really am sorry you are having so much trouble.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM

50 posts, read 94,750 times
As an agent in the Triangle, I can also add that those ReMax offices won't give a new agent the time of day, let alone a spot in the firm. That distorts the data somewhat in their favor as they let other firms eat the low production of newer agents, then lure them over to ReMax. That's a valid business model, but it does affect the data.

Oh and in terms of market presence, at least in the western side of the Triangle, ReMax is third or maybe fourth. No numbers behind that, just my general impression.

[BTW, I will say that Ms Hampton does a great job of leveraging her market position to make future sales. for example, she is the only person I know in the market to use radio advertising effectively.]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals