Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:08 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,591,098 times

Advertisements

Thanks, I'm not a RE agent, but selling my home & neither of my agents (have been through 2 now) said they had "any control" of what photos realtor.com pulls from the MLS. They both explained it as what shows up on realtor.com was not up to them (meaning the extra photos) so now I understand this is simply something they probably did have control over, they just opt not to pay for it?
Only 1 photo comes up (main) on my listing and since realtor.com has redone their format where only the featured/enhanced listings come up first, you really have to get past those to even see my listing.
Do you think I should request my agent redo my listing? Do you think they would? If your client asked you, would you?
Thanks for all the responses....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 09:27 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,843,475 times
Byron, choosing to enhance on Realtor.com is a marketing answer for that realtor. do they choose to use that mix in their marketing? Your have chosen not to. Perhaps they have chosen some other marketing vehicles that they believe work better in their market area. I would ask them what is their marketing plan, what do they use? have they profiled a buyer for your home? Not in a negative sense, of profiling... but some homes will suggest more of a new home owner, younger couple, or an older retirement home. A buyer can come from anywhere, but I work my marketing mix so it skews towards our most likely buyer. For instance, the paper demograhic is older, more affluent purchaser... Craigs list skews younger, internet saavy consumer. However, I choose to use Realtor.com for all my listings as I find it to be the number one portal for all demographics and we have a lot of relocation in my area. When folks are moving in from out of the area, they need a general site to look at.

Shelly

Old 06-28-2007, 09:42 AM

376 posts, read 1,506,052 times
I paid last year $299 for to enhance my listings that are feed direct via an IDX feed from Socal MLS to Realtor.com but there still is a limited number of pics (the mls has 20 photo's, Realtor.com 8/10?). Your property is highlighted as a showcase property.
In addition they have a featured home program that is based on your zip-code and #of sales, I paid $2000.00 for my space just for your info. That gives me placement on the first search page in my area along with a few other reports.
Generally if you are going direct through a broker then the contact information is the broker unless you have the advanced set up then the contact info is you and the leads come direct to you vs. direct to the broker.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,433,232 times
They should have control over what photo shows up on the MLS. In on MLS, the first picture will show up on realtor dot com, and then if you have enchanced listings, the next 5 will.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:35 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,843,475 times
JD is correct. The first main picture on MLS is the picture you will have on Realtor.com, the next five pictures will come up automatically if the agent has enhanced version. However, an agent with an enhanced version can change those pictures and use different ones, if they choose to. Sometimes I change them up and sometimes I don't. If I have a listing that only has a minimal number of "good" pics, I may be forced to use what I have. However, if it is a listing with unlimited number of good pics, I will use different ones, and encourage a visit to the website for even more. I can post way more on my personal site.

Shelly

Old 10-01-2007, 06:39 AM

2 posts, read 9,400 times
Default FSBO Question

What does a seller lose out on by listing their home through one of the FSBO offers on the internet? It appears that all the paperwork, lockbox etc. are included in the price. I don't see the realtors in my are getting too involved other than getting a listing out there and wrapping up the paperwork. Thanks.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:45 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
Our MLS listings go directly to Realtor.com. One picture only. I pay $365.00 a year for the enhanced version. My broker does not pay for this.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:50 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavinfl07 View Post
I have a question...does the MLS have the same information/pictures as Realtor.com?
No, at least here locally, the MLS has a lot more information than realtor.com. Most of that info is only visible to licensed realtors with full MLS access, with basic information available to the public like realtor.com has.

In our area, you can check a box on the listing information sheet which indicates that you want the listing to automatically load to realtor.com.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:47 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,943 times
Quote:
I have a question...does the MLS have the same information/pictures as Realtor.com?
In a word - No.

Realtor.com is the public site of The National Association of Realtors.
The MLS is proprietary.

I pay in excess of $1,100.00 a year to have access to my State MLS. This allows me a great deal that's not available (at any price) in this format to people who aren't Realtor members: detailed statistical information, minute details of sold transactions, additional ducuments such as S.P.I.R, deeds, disclosures of various sorts, information on easements, development information, utility information cost sheets, information about Lead, Radon, Mold, etc. I can send data from the MLS software to clients and customers, but to do this, I must log in and select paramaters. Having a real estate license isn't sufficient to be able to use this proprietary information... to gain access I must belong to the NAR as well as several other local organizations.

David Beckett

Old 10-01-2007, 04:04 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Depends on your MLS and their agreement with REALTOR.com

Also depends on the enhancement package that the individual broker / agents have
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals