Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:57 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times

Advertisements

I know this sounds incredulous, but it's the truth. At least it's the second night of the truth (as far as the friends part goes). My new neighbors have this ritual. Each night at 6:10 they come into my yard and sit by my pool for HOURS (yes, they have their own pool and a small child too and I just wonder who is caring for that small child). They go all over my yard. They have tried to poison my dogs four times and hurt them with trusses once. Yeah, yeah, I want to move but I live in a bad housing market with no destination. I have to believe drugs must be involved as I just can't fathom it any other way.

I've called the cops several times. Tonight they took all of 30 seconds to say "no one is there and we have to go to a car accident." My lot is huge and there are many hiding places. Anyway, I counted seven or eight people last night and tonight at least as many. Needless to say, I will not go out in my yard at night. Does anyone have any recommendations? The police are not cutting it, I've asked for recommendations for a PI or lawyer in my state forum, I've advertised for security on Craig's list (then changed my mind), and am at the point of just renting somewhere and coming back during the days (when it's safe) to pack up and put things in storage. Or, since I'm not working, I could always sleep during the day and stay up all night. I honestly do not know what to do. I could take it to the next level and go to whomever the police have to answer to I guess, but I don't know who that is.

Has anyone EVER come across this and how was it resolved? Oh, and I guess it's obvious I need a realtor and that icky issue of disclosure is going to rear it's ugly head. Since the police keep saying it's nothing, can I just not disclose?

Old 10-23-2011, 10:00 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I know this sounds incredulous, but it's the truth. At least it's the second night of the truth (as far as the friends part goes). My new neighbors have this ritual. Each night at 6:10 they come into my yard and sit by my pool for HOURS (yes, they have their own pool and a small child too and I just wonder who is caring for that small child). They go all over my yard. They have tried to poison my dogs four times and hurt them with trusses once. Yeah, yeah, I want to move but I live in a bad housing market with no destination. I have to believe drugs must be involved as I just can't fathom it any other way.

I've called the cops several times. Tonight they took all of 30 seconds to say "no one is there and we have to go to a car accident." My lot is huge and there are many hiding places. Anyway, I counted seven or eight people last night and tonight at least as many. Needless to say, I will not go out in my yard at night. Does anyone have any recommendations? The police are not cutting it, I've asked for recommendations for a PI or lawyer in my state forum, I've advertised for security on Craig's list (then changed my mind), and am at the point of just renting somewhere and coming back during the days (when it's safe) to pack up and put things in storage. Or, since I'm not working, I could always sleep during the day and stay up all night. I honestly do not know what to do. I could take it to the next level and go to whomever the police have to answer to I guess, but I don't know who that is.

Has anyone EVER come across this and how was it resolved?
This is hard to comprehend. Why would your neighbors be coming into your yard and what is stopping you from getting them out? I must be missing something.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
This is hard to comprehend. Why would your neighbors be coming into your yard and what is stopping you from getting them out? I must be missing something.
They hate my guts and want me to move. I have told them to not enter my property and they do it anyway and just stay. There is nothing to miss. I told you it seems unbelievable and trust me I am living the nightmare. Now their friends are here too. It is more than creepy.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
u gota big place. the locals are claiming it. they have taken turf. there must be confrontation. not violence but confrontation you or family need to be in the yard and confront. ask them to leave. be nice but do it.
dont hide inside. been there done that.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
u gota big place. the locals are claiming it. they have taken turf. there must be confrontation. not violence but confrontation you or family need to be in the yard and confront. ask them to leave. be nice but do it.
dont hide inside. been there done that.
I am the one who has been here for 8 years. They are new. I am a single woman living alone. Somehow, me, my cat and two shih tzus are no match for them and their drugged out friends (I am presuming). What's worse, they put some blow up man/doll on the fence as part of their ritual. I swear to God about the blow up man doll. This is the most awful and bizarre situation I've ever encountered. BTW, I initiated a confrontation and he said he didn't want anything to do with my property - yet comes here every single night.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:27 PM

And what is stopping you from calling the police "every single night?" And if they won't respond to one call, call every 15 minutes, every day this happens. I don't get it.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:29 PM

Put up a fence with barbed wire? Why are you acting like a victim?

Old 10-23-2011, 10:29 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Put up motion-activated cameras. Then you will have something to show the police.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
And what is stopping you from calling the police "every single night?" And if they won't respond to one call, call every 15 minutes, every day this happens. I don't get it.
Because every time I call the police they want to refer ME to crisis intervention or think I'm seeing things. You'd steer clear too. I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent putting together pics to go to headquarters tomorrow to present my case. I spent $2K on a CCTV (and a lousy one at that) and have had to manually convert from Windows Photo Gallery to Paint to just save it to JPEG and print out pics to prove that what I'm saying is true. So tomorrow that happens. The police look the other way here. It's very frustrating and I've had to be my own detective, practically risk my life in the process (no kidding - last night I had to go out into my yard with my digital to get a pic and often go out with my floodlight flashlight) just to put together a case. If it were not for putting my own butt on the line I'd be nowhere further along.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:36 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,397,703 times
I cannot imagine what town you live in where, if you called the police EVERY TIME this happened, they wouldn't do something. If that truly did happen, I'd be calling the state's attorney general.

Visit your local DA's office and see if you can file charges for trespassing and whatever else you can think of, against this group of losers.

I would probably be flipping every light on and charging out there with my favorite firearm yelling at the top of my voice to get the he!! outta my yard, but you may not be trained or comfortable with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals