Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 07:00 AM

3,720 posts, read 10,000,687 times

Advertisements

I have 3 listings where I'm working with an agent at the other end that has a full-time job as something other than a realtor. What a disaster! They are slow, not quite sure what they are doing, don't counsel their buyers well, and like American Airlines, they don't admit there is a delay until after it happens and even then they only admit one day at a time even if they know it's a couple weeks.

Why do people use these agents? I have to work twice as hard to keep things moving along, or just to figure out where they are in the process, but it's my clients that suffer the most. End rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
I'm dealing with a full time agent who seems like she is either completely senile or has another job. She's violated about a half dozen of our MLS rules, no local lockbox, no showing instructions, no requirements for submitting an offer etc. I feel your pain.

The best part though is her email signature line. She calls herself a Realtorr.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:11 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I'm dealing with a full time agent who seems like she is either completely senile or has another job. She's violated about a half dozen of our MLS rules, no local lockbox, no showing instructions, no requirements for submitting an offer etc. I feel your pain.

The best part though is her email signature line. She calls herself a Realtorr.
I worked with an agent a couple of years ago that I swear was having some dementia. I actually called the principal broker and chatted with him regarding my concerns. She couldn't remember anything.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:44 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
There are quite a few Indian Discount Buyers agents in our area that work other jobs. They kick back a large % but do absolutely nothing as a buyers agent. They make it extremely difficult to get the House sold. There are several tricks I've learned in dealing with these agents but it almost never ends well or happy.

The local Indian community now almost expects that kickback.

We were discussing the issue just this morning. Many times the buyer ends up threatening a lawsuit.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:26 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
Why do people use these agents? I have to work twice as hard to keep things moving along, or just to figure out where they are in the process, but it's my clients that suffer the most. End rant.
On these agents you should if possible get more earnest money and option fee monies if possible. I find they cancel or walk a lot quicker with a part time agent.

I also tell the agent they must always be with the buyer when the buyer is at the house. I don't want the buyer there for an inspection or whatever without their agent. I insist on this.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:51 AM

84 posts, read 132,266 times
I'm experiencing the same thing as well. My personal opinion is that these individuals are too heavily medicated with psychotropic and anti-depressant meds. The list of meds these folks are on is huge and the abuse is rampant and dangerous. Missed appointments,disrespectful to their clients etc. -------- some of these individuals should not be driving a motorized machine never-mind attempting to handle a real estate transaction.
It is an embarrassment to the business.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:07 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,058,399 times
Quote:

Why do people use these agents?

Because, overall, real estate consumers do a very poor job of agent selection. Then, when things don't go well, they grouse and moan about the lousy agent, and extend those sentiments to all agents, still without ever recognizing that the problem was their agent selection process.

If consumers did a better job of not selecting inexperienced, incompetent Realtors, then those lousy Realtors would not be in the business and the overall perception of our industry would improve as the buyer/seller experience improved.

Steve

Old 04-14-2012, 09:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Why do people use these agents?
Because they don't know any better.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,518,242 times
This is why I'm not even going to attempt to be an agent part time. The most I may do is hang my license somewhere and send referrals. I'm sorry, but if I have a buyer who wants to buy, and a seller who wants to sell with an agent who wants to sell, and a house that is the right one for the buyer, and a potential commission check not too far away, I will NOT be unavailable to do my part to make it happen.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:17 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,922,371 times
What just absolutely kills me with the world of bargain real estate agents is most of these buyers are making THE most EXPENSIVE investment of their life time. Yet, they take no time to check out who they hire, or, they don't care as long as it's a rebate.

Who's really getting the bargain? It's not a bargain if you pay 10K more than you should have or you missed critical paragraph in the contract. Yet, we see it, every single day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals