Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:28 PM

423 posts, read 1,961,376 times

Advertisements

Do any realtors want to share secrets to generating clients? How about non realtors, How did you find your last realtor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 11:40 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,904,032 times
Are you talking about your website? Print ads? Farming? Sphere of influence? Blogging? Networking with others in the profession? Give me a hint.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:44 AM

428 posts, read 2,441,811 times
SOI. The office can funnel calls to me all day long, but the leads I get on my own front porch are quality of the highest caliber.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:05 AM

412 posts, read 1,029,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Emmerling View Post
Do any realtors want to share secrets to generating clients? How about non realtors, How did you find your last realtor?
Tom, I use an online lead generating wish list. The buyer fills out a wish list on my building web site and the program sends the buyer and myself a copy of their wishes. On each wish list completed from my building web site is my company name and logo for continued marketing. Plus I know exactly what the customer is looking for.

With 80%+ of the buyers researching the internet before contacting an agent or builder it's important to catch them at your web site.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:10 AM

566 posts, read 2,987,438 times
Financial planners, accountants, networking groups and internet leads. Another great source for us is sign calls off our listings.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:26 AM

1,010 posts, read 4,916,262 times
Get involved in activities where you will be meeting people other than Realtors - volunteer at your children's schools, join a club or take non-credit classes on a topic you're interested in, become involved in a non-profit organization -- anything that will put you in a different "light" and people will see you as more than a salesperson. You will get to know new people and can discuss your career (it always comes up in conversation) while doing something fun and rewarding at the same time.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:17 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,298,037 times
As a Broker, responsible for 100's of agents (900+), I try to share with them tips I have learned in my 40 years in the business. One tried and true is what I call the "1000 business cards in 90 Days" tip.

Order 1000 business cards - and give them out to everyone you come in contact with - your neighbors, your dry cleaners, the clerk at the grocery stores etc. - EVERYONE

I have found that so many agents simply do not let others know they are in the business - and, you might be surprised where that business might actually come from.

Ask yourself this question: Does your Doctor, Lawyer, Pharmacist, your childs teacher / principle etc., know you are in the business

If not, why not?

My suggestion ...

Old 09-23-2007, 11:25 PM

423 posts, read 1,961,376 times
Great tips from everyone. A mistake I made early on in my career was paying over 300 dollars to get a website up and running, then another 30 a month to keep it going. Now I have found a free website that is 100 times better than the one I was paying for. The one I have now is bringing me clients. So look around for a website, it will pay off.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:12 AM

23,893 posts, read 33,644,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Emmerling View Post
Great tips from everyone. A mistake I made early on in my career was paying over 300 dollars to get a website up and running, then another 30 a month to keep it going. Now I have found a free website that is 100 times better than the one I was paying for. The one I have now is bringing me clients. So look around for a website, it will pay off.

Web sites, if not done right, aren't worth a dime. Most agent sites I've seen are not coded right, search engines won't crawl them due to keywords being left out or mentioning the same word many times which leads to spamming. Most don't know that google won't crawl what it sees as spammed keywords.

As a seller / buyer, having enhanced listings on realtor.com is something I require. I won't call an agent if they do not have enhanced.

Between the realtor.com, user friendly web site as well as coming up on keyword searches will get me to call an agent to add to my interview list. Any advertising I see after that is a plus, I will recommend them to my friends.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:20 AM

412 posts, read 1,029,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
Get involved in activities where you will be meeting people other than Realtors - volunteer at your children's schools, join a club or take non-credit classes on a topic you're interested in, become involved in a non-profit organization -- anything that will put you in a different "light" and people will see you as more than a salesperson. You will get to know new people and can discuss your career (it always comes up in conversation) while doing something fun and rewarding at the same time.
Great point Wendy! Networking is one of the best tools for little cost while providing a helping hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals