Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 12:01 PM

103 posts, read 293,208 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that most realtors do not have a virtual tour on realtor.com. And, as of this week, most listings on realtor.com no longer have a written description about a home. Does realtor.com have different charges or memberships for different levels of service? How does realtor.com work? And how expensive is it? Is it different by state? (I'm in Fort Myers, Florida and looking for a realtor who puts a virtual tour on realtor.com with all the other bells & whistles.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 08:46 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,994,639 times
I used to do virtual tours with all my listings. They automatically load to realtor.com. But I found that VERY FEW people ever looked at the virtual tours (realtor.com and MLS provide those stats). So instead I pay more for higher quality photos, which is what everyone looks at.

If virtual tours are important to you, find an agent that markets the house well through quality photos and good marketing descriptions. Then tell that agent you want a virtual tour. It's a $30 gimmick that any agent would be willing to do.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:34 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,172,378 times
To answer your question about Realtor.com, yes Realtor.com does have different charges for different services. The basic listing come free to agents, if their broker does not opt out (yes, I have seen Brokers opt out), which comes from the local MLS listing info, although Realtor.com reformats it. If an agent or broker chooses to upgrade their listing a separate charge applies.

Virtual tours if done well can enhance a listing. If done poorly it just turns people off.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:34 PM

103 posts, read 293,208 times
Thank you! Another question comes to mind...Does realtor.com charge an agent per listing or is there an annual charge for all listings? To me, realtor.com is such a major website - that I don't understand the reluctance for a realtor not to take full advantage of everything realtor.com offers.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:29 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,994,639 times
Our company provides us with "free" showcase listings so I pay nothing. It takes exactly what I put in MLS and reformats it on their web site.

One thing I don't like about realtor.com is that I don't feel I should have to pay the organization I already pay a high membership fee extra money to have my name associated with my own listing.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:34 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
I pay for Showcase, and Realtor.com does not import my tours. They want me to use their vendors.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:59 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,147,991 times
My company worked out a group rate about a year ago and they charge us a monthly fee that includes that. You do have to in and enhance the listing however, to include inserting the link for the virtual tour. However, before they did that, I called and had my own enhanced package for about a year. I am not listing heavy, so I was able to negotiate a deal that was maybe a total of $375 for the year. I paid it all up front and also declined the top producer program (or whatever it was they were offering). Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals