Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:17 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times

Advertisements

The photos are of a low quality and appear to have been over-sharpened to compensate. The realtor (or whoever photographed the rooms) should have used a wide-angle lens in the bedrooms, as they appear small in the photos. The master bedroom (I'm assuming the green bedroom is the master) is particularly badly presented due to the angle of the photograph; it makes it appear that the room is crowded and full of furniture. The childrens' bedrooms also look crowded, but again that is probably due to the angle and focal length of the lens.

Small rooms like bedrooms and bathrooms should always be photographed with a wide-angle lens. My idiot realtor used a 70mm lens in my house, and my bedrooms and bathrooms were tiny. I borrowed a 10mm lens from a friend, reshot all those rooms, and told her to use those or lose the listing. The number of viewings increased after that.

ETA - I had four realtors total....the idiot realtor was #2.

Last edited by nativeDallasite; 11-07-2007 at 09:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 AM

333 posts, read 1,991,667 times
I thought it looked good. I though it looked bigger than it really is! I do think the pictures on realtor..look a little funky..but that might just be the site ..because when i went to your agent's site..they looked great!

Sandy, your house looks great too.!!! Wcat is awesome..she helped me too.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:34 AM

781 posts, read 3,816,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrypooh4 View Post
I have a quick question, how does one make their listing a showcase listing on realtor.com?
It is up to your agent and you to decide with him/her according to this info:
REALTOR.com® Resource Center

Old 11-07-2007, 09:41 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffandliz View Post
Hello,

I just wanted to update all that helped before. After 3 months on the market with the first realtor, we are back on again with a new realtor. I really liked our first realtor, but she was out of ideas and we needed some new blood in our listing. The new realtor we went with is great, he actually helped us to buy this house 5 years ago. Anyway, does a lot more advertising, and we now have the enhanced listings on realtor.com. A "showcase" home this week. Anyway with now 20 pics on realtor.com, and a virtual tour, hopefully will bring some new interest. We did drop the price, but not by muchh. Another realtor we interviewed did not even want to do that. Anyway, his recommendation was to only drop it by $3000. So maybe, price is not an issue. Anyway here is the link if anyone is interested. Some of the pics on realtor.com have been changed since I fussed a little about some of the little things that were not removed for the pics. I learned all that from some of the great people here.

Let me know what you think, and wish us luck. I don't think the virtual tour will be ready until later today.

For Greenville real estate, Mauldin homes, and Simpsonville homes for sale, go to the experts: C. Tim Keagy and Associates (http://www.ctimkeagyandassociates.com/photos.php?property_ID=65 - broken link)

Single Family Home - 17 Watch Hill Court, Greenville, SC, 29607 - Realtor.com

Thanks, Liz
Liz, I don't want to be a grinch, but if you didn't get any serious offers for 3 months and everything was staged well, then price is the issue. Its always the issue. Dropping 3K is not going to help IMO on a 168K house.

Are you looking to "wait it out" and hope you get someone who gives you close to listing? do you "have" to sell/close by a certain date?

Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Did I miss the square footage? I didn't see it. That is one of the first things I look for in a listing. It's what immediately tells me whether I'm going to look into it further. Those who want a minimum SF don't like to waste time if the house is smaller than they're looking for...

Beautiful home.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:48 AM

335 posts, read 1,181,326 times
Default Dear Mr.Grinch

Jack, I am going on the advise on the realtors in my area. They say price was not the issue, and they felt it was lack of advertising. My old realtor did not have enhanced listing, did not believe in a flyer box outside, or any brochures inside. We are going on their advise. Right now it is a tough market, and I am sure if I priced it at $100000 it would sell today. I am not giving my house, simply trying to get fair market value. I am afraid it is people like you who are scaring everyone, buyers and sellers, and driving the market down. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is not always the price!!! I am not taking this personal since I know you do not know my market, and you tell everyone to lower their price. Liz

Old 11-07-2007, 09:54 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:
Jack, I am going on the advise on the realtors in my area. They say price was not the issue, and they felt it was lack of advertising. My old realtor did not have enhanced listing, did not believe in a flyer box outside, or any brochures inside. We are going on their advise. Right now it is a tough market, and I am sure if I priced it at $100000 it would sell today. I am not giving my house, simply trying to get fair market value. I am afraid it is people like you who are scaring everyone, buyers and sellers, and driving the market down. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is not always the price!!! I am not taking this personal since I know you do not know my market, and you tell everyone to lower their price. Liz
I gotta be honest...the things that would put me off your house are the lurid paint colors in the bedrooms and the wall in the kitchen that doesn't go all the way to the ceiling (that's what it looks like to me anyway) and the vaulted ceilings that appear in lots of rooms, not the price. For this area, that price is pretty reasonable for what you're trying to sell.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Liz, its not going to help that your listing your house more than what your next door neighbor sold their house for in August.

Maybe you're in a seller's market w/low inventory, I don't know, but no offers in 3 months and listed on the MLS and staged well. I know by the history of your posts that you really hate to lower your price, but sometimes you have to face facts....its always about the price.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:25 PM

335 posts, read 1,181,326 times
Jack, I know all about my neighbors house. Yes it sold for $2000 less than we are asking. Big deal, if you knew anything about it other than a number on zillow. You would also know that we have put over $20000 in improvements in our home, deck , screened porch, and hardwood floors, while they did nothing. All they did in 5 years was put up a fence. We spent a lot of money that I know we will not recoup all of it, but surely that would justify the mere$2000 difference that you mention as if it were $200000. Also, yes, I do hate to lower my price, what seller does not? Anyway, yes we had showings before, but I have to blame some on the realtor on not following up. We are in a buyer's market with a lot of inventory , but according to the NAR stats, Greenville was up in # of sales and home prices this year over last.

As far as my realtor goes, I liked her, but I don't think she knew how to be aggressive enough in this market. The last 3 people that came under her, all said they liked it , but just started looking. I asked her if she could follow up with that realtor a week later to see if the people were still looking, and she told me she did not have time. She would wait for a second showing..... Also, my new realtor also put full 20 page brochures inside for a buyer to take with color pics and info on my house and the area to keep my house in front of a buyer with lots of good reference material. I guess we will see who's right.
Liz

Old 11-07-2007, 12:56 PM

I did see the #'s for Greenville and it does show some good news YOY, your right. Hopefully your realtor will do a good job.

I apologize if I came off abrasive in that post, but my intentions were to help you sell quickly and for the most amt of $$, that's all. I'll keep my fingers crossed. gl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals