Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 03:04 AM

11 posts, read 39,607 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I recently attained my real estate license. I am looking for an office to start to work. My intention is to visit several offices. Made the mistake in visiting 2 office without an appointment nonetheless broker wasn't there. I figure instead of calling, perhaps sending an email. Did a bit a research and drafted the latter below. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, any interview questions tips. Also, does a new realtor accept house split or is there room to negotiate a little. If so, how does one approach that, after initial interview or during? Thank you in advance...

Dear Broker XXXXXXXXX,

I am a former real estate title agent who is well versed in the industry with over ten years of experience. I have resided in Miami Beach and Brickell over the last 13 years and have thorough knowledge of the area and market. I am writing this letter because I have a real passion for this real estate and have recently attained my Sales Associate license and am looking for an office where I can put my marking skills, business background, and commitment to success to work. In looking at local real estate offices, I have been particularly interested in your firm. I would enjoy the opportunity to set up a meeting with you so I can visit the office and we talk more in detail. I am available all next week from April 6th – 13th. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 786-XXX-XXXX or by email at XXXXXXX@gmail.com so we can schedule a time and date. Thank you in advance for taking time out of your business schedule. I really look forward to meeting with you soon.

Very Kind Regards,
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

P.S.

Highlights of my background that might be of interest to you include:

- History of employment in Sales and Marketing. Fine-tuned marketing and communication skills that are essential in real estate.

- Bachelors degree in Technology and Masters Degree in Business with emphasis on Marketing and International Business. Network of business professionals all over the world.

- President of Board of Directors for XXXXXX (2012-Current). Extensive property management experience and an array of professional contacts in the area.

- Fluent in written and spoken Spanish, moderate Italian and currently studying Brazilian Portuguese.

- Extensive business experience and knowledge in Latin American business development, economics, and local marketing initiatives. Strong knowledge of the business culture that goes beyond the language barrier.

Thank you once again for your valuable time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 05:58 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Any broker who is recruiting will give you a shot.
Just call and ask for an appointment and don't worry about submitting a full resume and letter unless asked.

It is more important that YOU be selective in your choice of brokerage than worrying about impressing the brokerage to get a foot in the door.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:32 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
You are supposed to interview the brokerage, they aren't interviewing you. They are supposed to impress you with what they have to offer. You don't necessarily need to impress them with you at all. If you worked at a title company, how do you not already have the contacts you need? Why wouldn't you contact the agents you had the most closings with and start with them?

Old 04-05-2014, 07:33 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
Heck, I'd hire you if your resume checks out.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:38 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,308,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
You are supposed to interview the brokerage, they aren't interviewing you. They are supposed to impress you with what they have to offer. You don't necessarily need to impress them with you at all. If you worked at a title company, how do you not already have the contacts you need? Why wouldn't you contact the agents you had the most closings with and start with them?
What may have been or is still practiced at many companies and offices doesn't happen at my office and for the most part most of my brand.

Yes, we are recruiting, yes, we want more agents, but that is where we stop being stereotypical. Rookie's are accepted into our office, but in an industry where the National Association of REALTORS says that 80% of new members won't be licensed two years after their initial licensure, we simply don't have the resources of time and or money to just hire any warm body.

We do hire a select number and we do have fall-out, but our fall-out is about 25% not 80%. A rookie must understand the business commitment they are making. They are not numbers to us. They are people who are looking to feed their families, buy clothes, and build roofs. (food, clothing, shelter-the three human necessities). A person walking through our doors must be interviewed. They must be qualified; they must understand the risks, as well as the rewards of being a self-employed business owner.

We can teach real estate, sales methods, and even personal interactions, but we can't teach work ethic or risk tolerance.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:26 AM

Well, one of the reasons i am sending the the cover letter is because i am looking at offices that are luxury real estate and i know 2 are by invitation only. So, they won't accept just anyone. Also, i figured on making a good first impression, maybe i can omit the PS highlight section. I sent that so it shows that although im new as an agent, im somewhat seasoned in the industry. Any thoughts?

Old 04-05-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Yes, i have contacts of agents and brokers, but not places that im looking into. Most places are relatively close to my home.

Yes, i plan to interview the broker...thats why i didn't write the word interview or made the letter sound like im applying for a job. I figured it might help me with getting offer a higher split, or something more that a rookie.

how would i go about negotiating that by the way, or is it better to take whatever they offer.?

Old 04-05-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Heck, I'd hire you if your resume checks out.

Haha.. Thank you

Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Any broker who is recruiting will give you a shot.
Just call and ask for an appointment and don't worry about submitting a full resume and letter unless asked.

It is more important that YOU be selective in your choice of brokerage than worrying about impressing the brokerage to get a foot in the door.

Well, one of the reasons i am sending the the cover letter is because i am looking at offices that are luxury real estate and i know 2 are by invitation only. So, they won't accept just anyone. Also, i figured on making a good first impression, maybe i can omit the PS highlight section if anything. I sent that so it shows that although im new as an agent, im somewhat seasoned in the industry. maybe it could help get a better split, not just viewed as a rookie. Any thoughts?

Old 04-05-2014, 12:54 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
What the guys are telling you correct but I like your idea to see who shows interest in wanting you. If they call back and aggressively pursue then hopefully that means they will help you get off the ground and have a good system in place for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals