Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 11:09 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sorry, but that's just foolish.
I said all things being equal. Arguments can be made both ways -- and if everything were neutral you can not net more for a seller - impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Net listings are also illegal in many states.
Nothing illegal about my proposal.

Quote:
We tend to get market value or better due to competition.
Great - then there should be no problem.

Guessing some consumers are having their eyes opened to what really motivates agents. It's not about the buyer or seller - it's about the agent.

Old 12-11-2015, 12:57 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Just like in anything else in the world, if you want someone to do something, you have two ways to approach it. You can attack with a stick—meaning if you don’t do this, something bad will happen. The other way is with a carrot. If you dangle a carrot you are saying if you do this, something GOOD will happen. If you dangle a big fat carrot (additional money for completing the same job) in front of realtors, they are likely to do it—in this instance, show YOUR home. You want to create an atmosphere where agents WANT TO show and ultimately SELL YOUR HOME – and not the one down the street. As previously mentioned, I know that most agents truly look out for the best interests of their clients first—but that doesn’t mean they can’t show the higher commissioned property first does it? It’s important to remember that real estate agents, although most truly love their job and their clients—don’t sell real estate for community service.

Why You Should List Your Home At 7 Percent | ICMIMARLAR
I am proud to have dissed that silly 7% blog on Facebook.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:30 PM

8,574 posts, read 12,411,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I said all things being equal. Arguments can be made both ways -- and if everything were neutral you can not net more for a seller - impossible.
Unfortunately for your argument, all things are not equal...and life isn't fair.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:51 PM

Life isn't fair and my argument is supported by math. Your position isn't supported by anything as far as I can tell, except that you want people to believe a seller can net more because you bought a property from an unrepresented seller for less.

Are you the same broker who said they convinced a seller to take 25% less on a sale because you knew how to sell the deal to the seller via their agent? Someone here did.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:17 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Because when you are looking at 6% of 200-300k that is a non trivial amount of money. It would take me around 3-4 months to save 18-20k, thats working full time 40 hrs a week and I make good money and had to go through a brutal engineering program. So when an agent makes that much working my specific property maybe 2-3 hrs a day for 3 months thats an issue for me. I can do alot with 18k, thats a third of a down payment on a 300k home.

When I have my 20% down and start seriously looking I am going to be making low ball offers when everyone else is being laid off. My goal is not to work until im 80 years old so I cant afford to be fleeced every time I want to buy or sell something.

IF the sellers or the agents want to be antagonistic about it then I will walk, I am not going to put up with it. I am glad people are starting to be aholes about it becuase buying a house is a big deal and over paying for it is an ever bigger deal and can unnessicarily put your family in a bind. I will pay what I am willing to pay and not a cent more. Also if they raise interest rates that will put all the yahoos who dont actually have money out of the market so I wont be in a bidding war with some soccar mom and push over dad who are willing to leverage themselves out to their eye balls to get into a certian school zone, they simply wont qualify.

I am lucky that my market is poised for a major correction with mass lay offs there is about to be some motivated sellers soon and I will be cut throat about it. I watch how these realtors and sellers behave when things are booming and I listen to the smug posts from some of the realtors on here so I dont feel bad about it.

I hope more and more buyers start playing hard ball because their future and their kids future will be effected. Over paying by tens of thousands or even 100k is not like buying a burger, I know realtors know that but they are either totally brainwashed by their brokerage or they are as intellectually dishonest as stock brokers in which case why would I want to do buisness with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
It's the marketplace for properties for sale.

There are more buyers represented by buyer's agents searching the local MLS, than there are single unrepresented buyers searching craigslist. There are always more properties listed for sale in MLS than advertised on Craigslist.

The marketplace help sellers sell by comparison and transparency. The local MLS has many input fields that an ad on craigslist does not. Need to have wood floors, a gas stove a/c, a pool in the backyard, a specific school?

Less than 10% of FSBO sell w/o a real estate brokerage. Plus, they tend to take more time to sell and sell for less money. Appraisers use comparables pulled from the local MLS.

Do you shop at the gas station market or the grocery store?

I always find that buyers on craigslist are looking for a deal, rather than paying full market value.

If I, as a local broker, can save you time, increase the competition from qualified buyers, decrease your liability, take the stress out of the house selling process, and can net you more money, why wouldn't a you as a seller be interested in my services?

Selling a house is not like selling a lawn mower.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:51 PM

211 posts, read 451,434 times
At pittsflyer-
I find it disgusting to talk about being cutt-throat about dealing with a seller who has been laid off.

Out of curiosity, do you have a job? How do you make your money? Are you paid fairly for the work you do? Are you in jeopardy of losing your job?

Old 12-12-2015, 04:10 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
To those of you complaining about the current RE system, try being an agent for 6 months. 99% of you will quit.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:17 AM

577 posts, read 663,479 times
Everyone here who knows RE agents are grossly overpaid, please contact me, as I would love to hire you!

Here are the terms:

The salary is $15,000. (assuming 3% of 500,000)

You will work for me for somewhere between 1 to 9 months
You will drive me around whenever I want
You will answer my calls at all times of the day, including 7:00 am and 11:00 pm, and nights and weekends
You will run errands for me
You will schedule appointments for me
You will meet with a number of people for me.
You will arrange and meet with my service providers
You will resolve any problems I have
You will coordinate with a variety a people to get my job done
You will keep track of all my paperwork and be responsible for making sure I don't do anything that would get me into trouble legally or financially.
You will calm me done and bring me back to reality, because I will most likely, at some point, have a meltdown.
You will work between 20 hours and 1000 hours over the course of time.
You will use your own car, gas, insurance, office, supplies, etc.
And, I reserve the right to get you do things like, pick me up at the airport, take my patio furniture in when there is a storm coming, paint that black bedroom that my daughter loved, clean up 10 years of overgrown bushes, and anything else that I can dream up.

And the best part, at some point, I get to decide if you will get paid at all!

Any takers?

Old 12-12-2015, 06:36 AM

211 posts, read 451,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigW View Post
Everyone here who knows RE agents are grossly overpaid, please contact me, as I would love to hire you!

Here are the terms:

The salary is $15,000. (assuming 3% of 500,000)

You will work for me for somewhere between 1 to 9 months
You will drive me around whenever I want
You will answer my calls at all times of the day, including 7:00 am and 11:00 pm, and nights and weekends
You will run errands for me
You will schedule appointments for me
You will meet with a number of people for me.
You will arrange and meet with my service providers
You will resolve any problems I have
You will coordinate with a variety a people to get my job done
You will keep track of all my paperwork and be responsible for making sure I don't do anything that would get me into trouble legally or financially.
You will calm me done and bring me back to reality, because I will most likely, at some point, have a meltdown.
You will work between 20 hours and 1000 hours over the course of time.
You will use your own car, gas, insurance, office, supplies, etc.
And, I reserve the right to get you do things like, pick me up at the airport, take my patio furniture in when there is a storm coming, paint that black bedroom that my daughter loved, clean up 10 years of overgrown bushes, and anything else that I can dream up.

And the best part, at some point, I get to decide if you will get paid at all!

Any takers?
I like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals