Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 08:35 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,553,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
We were notified this week that our MLS is transitioning to Showing Time.
CSS is all I have known, and have enjoyed it.

Anyone with experience in both and an opinion on "Which is Better?"
Our office uses Showing Time due to expense, but I actually like CSS better. Anytime I have to call, they know who I am instantly. Showing Time does not. I think CSS's appointment website is a little easier to use as well.

CSS - 5 stars
ShowingTime - 4 stars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 10:28 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
CSS has gone basically FUBAR on us now, Mike. I've had to type instructions for a new listing twice, and while I'm sitting here on the phone looking at the re-type from yesterday, they're saying they don't have the info in their system.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:11 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
CSS has gone basically FUBAR on us now, Mike. I've had to type instructions for a new listing twice, and while I'm sitting here on the phone looking at the re-type from yesterday, they're saying they don't have the info in their system.
So how do you like Showing Time, Bo?

Old 08-08-2017, 06:17 PM

oh, it's just divine!

they transferred over a listing as Go & Show, when it was Courtesy Call at the time. I changed it in the system to Appt Reqd (Sellers had been out of town, were now back and both work outside the home). Next thing I know, appointments are getting approved without anyone being notified before approving. I even called them and told them how to correct it .... more approved showings without anybody being notified.

Now, I will accept some responsibility. I tried to do the webinar and listen in while driving around. That didn't work. So, I'll have to sit down at a computer and figure it out.

Oh, and the listing mentioned 3 weeks ago is under contract ... and I made the mistake of not checking it. Appraiser had a helluva time getting an appointment approved because Showingtime had the wrong phone number to text.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:58 PM

586 posts, read 555,028 times
I like ST.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:07 AM

1 posts, read 807 times
Showing Time is sooooo much better! With CSS I have to pull up the listing to get the MLS number and then call, and often wait for, a CSS representative to answer the phone, look me up, give them the MLS number, wait for them to confirm, usually with a call to the seller, and finally schedule a showing. With Showing Time I simply click on the link in the MLS listing, select an available time, and wait for confirmation. So much easier!!

Old 06-26-2018, 07:34 AM

6,380 posts, read 5,498,068 times
Guess I'll never know CSS as I'm a new agent in the same market as OP and have only used Showingtime. I think it's very user friendly.

My only annoyance is when properties are labeled "go and show", and active.....then when you go to request a showing..."next available showing is 5 days from now".....

But that's more of an error on the human side than of the app.

Edit...

Just saw Bo's post above. hahaha exhibit A!

Old 06-26-2018, 07:41 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Guess I'll never know CSS as I'm a new agent in the same market as OP and have only used Showingtime. I think it's very user friendly.

My only annoyance is when properties are labeled "go and show", and active.....then when you go to request a showing..."next available showing is 5 days from now".....

But that's more of an error on the human side than of the app.

Edit...

Just saw Bo's post above. hahaha exhibit A!
"Active-Go and Show" and blocked showings for 5 days is a clear violation of MLS rules.

If they are never reported, violations become an acceptable business model.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"Active-Go and Show" and blocked showings for 5 days is a clear violation of MLS rules.

If they are never reported, violations become an acceptable business model.
I sold a vacant Go and Show where the Seller (flipper) told their Listing Agent no to allow overlapping showings.

It wasn't 5 days, but it was 1.5 days, because all the other appointments had been claimed.

But assuredly - the MLS rules are available within 48 hours, or it should be TMP

Old 06-30-2018, 07:36 PM

6,380 posts, read 5,498,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I sold a vacant Go and Show where the Seller (flipper) told their Listing Agent no to allow overlapping showings.

It wasn't 5 days, but it was 1.5 days, because all the other appointments had been claimed.

But assuredly - the MLS rules are available within 48 hours, or it should be TMP
Yeah this was not the case for my most recent observation of this. Tenant occupied townhome listed as "go and show"....first two times I tried to schedule a showing it got cancelled within 5 minutes. Third (and last) time....went in to ST and it said the next available appointment was Saturday at 9am. This was Monday. I called the listing agent and she said "well the tenants are moving out at the end of the week and they don't want to be bothered.....but if you want to let me know what time you would like to go over there I can make sure they just aren't home then. It's a sentrilock so you don't actually need an appointment". HA. ok.

I think it's a clueless listing agent. She also listed the place 30k above all of the comps (townhome community with two floorplan options) in the same brier-creek neighborhood.

We went under contract on a larger end-unit in the same neighborhood 2 days later. No harm no foul but I feel bad for the sellers (unless they are the ones who demanded the crazy-high asking price).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals